- The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering was started in August, 2009.
- Curriculum for B. Tech Programme in Electronics & Communication Engineering with 66 courses/188 credits
- Programme covers core subjects in basic sciences, humanities, environmental studies, mathematics and electronics & communication engineering based courses.
Programme Offered : B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering(Approved by AICTE)
Duration : 4 Years (8 semesters)
Intake Capacity : 60 in First Semester + 12 in 3rd Semester through Lateral Entry for Diploma-passed and B.Sc. candidates.
To develop an Educational environment in which students are prepared to meet the challenges of modern Industrial society by equipping them with:
- Proper and upto date Technical Knowledge.
- Analytical and Practical skills.
- Equipment design skill.
- A creative and innovative approach to work.
To create Research, Development and innovative environment to meet ever changing and ever demanding needs of the Electronic and communication Industry in particular, along with IT &other inter disciplinary fields.
- To be one of the leading Electronics and Communication Engineering department in the North East India and to be known for research, creation of knowledge base, education, industry interaction and entrepreneurial activity.
- To be a global partner in Training the human resource in the fields of Chip Design, Embedded system, Signal Processing, Communication Technology, Instrumentation and Networking and Photonics.
- To have an association with internationally reputed Institutions for academic excellence and man power development.
- To bid developmental International projects.
- To increase the research activity in the state of the art fields.
- To engage the students in placement oriented training and projects funded by management under guidance of faculty.
- Embedded system
- Signal Processing
- Communication Technology
- Speech Processing
- To provide state of the art laboratory equipment facility.
- To regularly upgrade existing laboratories by procuring latest laboratory equipment, budget to be allocated.
- Electronics devices lab
- Digital circuit lab
- Electrical machines lab
- Analog circuit lab
- Communication lab
- Microprocessor lab
- Control and instrumentation lab
- DSP lab
- Embedded lab
- Microwave engineering lab
- Mobile Communication lab
- Simulation Lab
Placement and Higher Studies
Gate Qualified : 20 Students
Placement till date:
|Company||No. of Students|
|OIL VENDOR COMPANY(Drilling)||1|
|Oil India Limited||1|
Apart from joining the professional world, the students of Electronics and Communication Engineering from DUIET have excelled in the field of higher studies in various colleges/institutes/universities.
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Arunachal Pradesh
- NIT Nagaland
- Tezpur University
- Gauhati University
- Jorhat Engineering College
- Pondicherry University
- Don Bosco University