- Vice-Chancellor, Dibrugarh University,
- Professor in Statistics , Dibrugarh University,
- Coordinator, IGNOU Study Centre, Dibrugarh University
- Registrar, Dibrugarh University,
- Director (i/c), EMRC
- Director, Dibrugarh University Open and Distance Learning
- Co-ordinator, UGC SAP-DRS-I and UGC SAP-DRS-II
- Assistant Coordinator, IGNOU Study Centre, Dibrugarh University
- Dean, Student Affairs
- Warden, M. A. H. Chatra Nivas
- HOD, Associate Professor, Reader, Lecturer, Department of Statistics
- Lecturer, J.B. College, Jorhat, Assam
- Lecturer, G.N.D.G. Commerce College, Nagaon, Assam
- At UG level: 2 years
- At PG level: 29 years
- M.Sc. (Statistics, 1990)
- Ph.D. (Econometrics, 1998)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Research (Operations Research, 2011)
- Selected by MHRD, Govt. of India to participate in Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) and successfully completed the programme at IIT Kharagpur (11th-22nd November, 2019) and University of Cambridge, UK (6th- 10th Jan, 2020). (Sponsored by Govt. of India).
- Acted as an “Invited Speaker” in an International Conference at Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics, Vietnam in 2019.
Notable Awards and Achievements:
- Academisthan’s Teacher of the year Awards for 2021 in the North-East Category by Academisthan Foundation for work, dedication and contribution towards the development of the young minds and future of India.
- Indian Humanitarian Award by Indian Book of Records for continued dedication and humanitarian work on Covid-19 Pandemic, witnessed and adjudicated by Dr. GVNRSSS Vara Prasad, Advocate, Supreme Court of India, at Hyderabad, Telangana, India on 04/03/2021.
- Bharat Ratna Dr. Abdul Kalam Gold Medal Award by Global Economic Progress Research Association, New Delhi, for “Excellence in his Respective Field” on the Occasion of 69th National Unity Conference on Individual Achievements and National Development on 19/10/2019 at Chennai
- Certificate of Appreciation by the Cancer Research Foundation, India for Promoting Cancer Research (Survival Analysis) in the North East India on 6thJune, 2016.
- Secured highest marks in M.Sc. among candidates of all the subjects of that particular year.
As an Organizer (Coordinator) of International/National/State Level Workshop/Seminar etc: 15 nos.
- At Department level: Around Rs. 2 Crore (Programmes, DST & UGC)
- At Individual level: Around Rs. 0.45 Crore (Projects, UGC)
- Life Member, Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics
- Life Member, Assam Science Society
- Life Member, The Indian Econometric Society
- Life Member, Indian Society of Probability and Statistics
- Member, Assam Academy of Mathematics
- Member, Indian Science Congress
Research Area:Econometrics; Applied Statistics- Bio-Statistics, Time Series Analysis
- Ph.D.: Awarded= 19; Research in progress = 5
- M. Phil. : Awarded= 11
- M.Sc. Dissertation: 57
- Research papers in peer-reviewed journals: 79
- Chapters in books: 23
- Conference proceeding: 21