- Ph.D. (pursuing): IIT Guwahati (Spoken Language Processing)
- Master’s Degree: M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Gauhati University, 2012, CGPA 9.9 (First Class First)
- Master’s Degree: M.Sc (Tech) in Electronics and Communication Technology, Gauhati University, 2010, CGPA 9.03
- Bachelor’s Degree: B.Sc in Physics, Cotton College, 2008 (First Class)
- HSSLC: AHSEC, Salt Brook Academy, Dibrugarh, 2005.
- HSLC: SEBA, State Rank Holder: 6th position, 2003.
- Currently working as an Assistant Professor in Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology, DUIET, Dibrugarh University, Assam, from October 2012.
- Guest Faculty in the Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE) in Assam Engineering College (AEC), Jalukbari, Guwahati, from February 2012 to September 2012.
- Guest Faculty in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) at Gauhati University from July 2011 to September 2012.
- Guest Faculty for the M. Sc. (ECT) course in the department of Electronics and Communication Technology (ECT) in Gauhati University from July 2012 to September 2012.
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
- Deep Learning, Speech Processing, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Wireless Communications, Applications of Soft Computing
Membership of Professional Bodies (International):
- IEEE Professional Member
- ISCA (International Speech Communication Association)
- Institutional Faculty Coordinator And Senior Executive Member, RESONICS, Society for Promotion of Education and Research in Electronics and Related Areas initiated by the joint effort of Dept. of ECT and Dept. of ECE, Gauhati University
- ACM Association for Computing Machinery-Advancing Computing as a Science & Profession
- Women in Data Science (WiDS), Guwahati as part of the annual WiDS chapter at Stanford University, USA.
- Best Paper Award at WSEAS Romania Conference: Parismita Gogoi and Kandarpa Kumar Sarma, “Hybrid Channel Estimator with Recurrent Neural Networks for Space-Time Block Code over Rayleigh Faded Channels”, 13th World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS) International Conference on NEURAL NETWORKS (NN '12), held in "G. Enescu" University, Iasi, Romania on June 13-15, 2012.
- Principal Investigator, Research Project “Multiuser MIMO in 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard using Soft-computing Tools”, funded by DeitY, New Delhi. Sanction Amount: 55.5 Lakhs, Duration: 36 Months.
- Worked as Project Assistant from August 2012 to September 2012 in DIT sponsored major research project entitled “Development of Certain System on Chip (SOC) Approaches For Design of Soft- Computation Aided Transreceivers and Adaptive Antenna Design, Interference Mitigation And Beamforming Of MIMO-OFDM Systems For Wireless Networking” under the supervision of Dr. Kandarpa Kumar Sarma, Principal Investigator, Department of Electronics and Communication Technology (ECT) in Gauhati University.
- Completed a project on "A Class of Hybrid Framework for estimating stochastic multiple antenna channels" as a part of M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology under the guidance of Kandarpa Kumar Sarma, Department of Electronics and Communication Technology (ECT) in Gauhati University, with a total of 10 publications in Reputed journals and Conference proceedings.
- Completed a project on "Design and Implementation of Booth Encoder for Convolutional Coding of Digital Signals in AWGN Channel" under the guidance of Mr. Kandarpa Kumar Sarma, Department of Electronics and Communication Technology (ECT) in Gauhati University during M.Sc. course, with a total of 3 publications in reputed journals and conference proceedings.
Conference attended (National/ International):
- 24th International Conference on Speech and Computer SPECOM 2022, November 2022, India.
- 23rd International Conference on Speech and Computer SPECOM 2021, September 27-30, 2021, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- INTERSPEECH 2017, KTH Royal Institute of Technology & Stockholm University, Sweden (20 - 24 August 2017)
- International Conference on Communications, Devices and Intelligent Systems (CODIS), Kolkata, IEEE Communications Society (COMSOC), (Dec. 2012).
- 3rd IEEE National Conference on Emerging Trends and Applications in Computer Science, St. Anthony’s College, Shillong (30 - 31 March 2012).
- 2nd IEEE National Conference on Computational Intelligence and Signal Processing, (CISP2012), Guwahati, (2 - 3 March 2012).
- International Conference on Electronics and Communication Engineering (ICECE-2012), Guwahati, (June 3, 2012).
- 5th Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IICAI-11), Tumkur (near Bangalore), (4 - 16 Dec. 2011).
- International Conference on Artificial Intelligence & Soft Computing (ICAISC-2011), Bhubaneswar, (9 -10 April 2011).
Membership of various authorities and committees of the University:
- Coordinator, Center for Technology Innovation and Incubation (CTII) D.U. 2020--2023.
- Member, IPR Cell, D.U. 2023.
- Presiding Officer, DUPGSU election 2022.
- Member, NAAC data collection team. 2022.
- Member, Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems, DUIET, 2022.
- Member, AICTE Implementation Cell, DUIET, 2022-23.
- Member, NIRF Data submission Committee, 2022.
- Coordinator, Future Skill Technologies under TEQIP III 2021.
- Coordinator, Admission Committee, B.Tech Programme 2021.
- Nodal Officer, D.U. for participation in Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), 2021-22.
- Member, NEP-2020 Implementation Team at DUIET.
- Member, DUIET Examination Committee 2021 onwards.
- Presiding Officer, DUPGSU election 2021.
- Departmental Coordinator, Gate coaching, TEQIP III, 2020.
- Member, Revision Committee, B. Tech Regulation and Curriculum for undergraduate courses from 2018-19 session.
- Member, DUIET Equity Action Plan Committee, under TEQIP III, 2020.
- Member, DUIET Research Committee, under TEQIP III, 2018-21.
- Departmental NBA Coordinator, DUIET NBA Committee, under TEQIP III, 2017-2021.
- Faculty facilitator, ECE, AICTE start-up cell under TEQIP III.
- Programme Coordinator, EETP, AICTE-ICT Academy at DUIET
- Presiding Officer, DUPGSU election 2017
- Warden I/C Swarnalata Baruah Girl's Hostel, Aug 2017- Sep 2017.
- Member, Management Committee, Center for Technology Innovation and Incubation (CTII)
- Warden, Girls' Hostel for Professional Courses, Dibrugarh University, from July 2015 to Sep 2021.
- Advisory member of Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Cell, Dibrugarh University
- Member, IPR Cell, Dibrugarh University
- Member, Hostel Management Committee (HMC), Dibrugarh University
- Member, Warden Council (WC), Dibrugarh University
- Member, Committee for preparation of AICTE NEQIP project proposal for the period of 2013-16.
- Faculty In charge, Creativity event, Auxesis 6.0, September 2016
- Auxesis 2017, member of Technical and Management committee
- Advisor, Subhasini, Annual Magazine of PDCN, D. U.
- Member of the Certificate distribution committee during the XIV convocation of D.U, 2014
- Member, Internal Quality Assessment cell, DUIET
- Member, Revision Committee, B. Tech Regulation and Curriculum for undergraduate courses, 2015.
- Member, Organizing Committee, AICTE visit in DUIET for NEQIP Project
- Member, Organizing Committee, NE Business Summit, Organized by Union DoNER Ministry, along with the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), 22-24 Nov, 2013
- Member, Organizing Committee, of Inaugural function of the Centre for Technology Innovation and Incubation, DU, on 15.02.2014 at DUIET.
- Member, NAAC assessment report preparation Committee for Dept. of ECE, DUIET, 2015-16.
Technical and Programme Committee Member:
- TPC member, FIRHE 2023, DUIET, Dibrugarh University, India.
- TPC member, International Conference on Cognitive Healthcare Systems (ICCHS 2021), 13-14, October 2021, RV Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore, India.
- TPC member, IEEE-ICCCA 2020, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, U.P., India, 05–07 February 2020.
- TPC member, Third International Conference on Computing and Network Communications (CoCoNet'19) in Trivandrum, Kerala, India on December 18-21, 2019 organized by Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K), Trivandrum in association with ACM Trivandrum Professional Chapter.
- TPC member, Fifth International Symposium on Women in Computing and Informatics (WCI-2017) co-affiliated with ICACCI-2017 in Manipal, India during September 13-16, 2017. ICACCI-2017 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Communications Society.
- Member, Technical and Programme Committee, IEEE Signal Processing & Integrated Networks (SPIN 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018), Organized by Amity University, Noida
- Member, Technical and Programme Committee, Special Session on Intelligent Applications in Communication and Computation in Conjunction with 2014 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Communication Systems and Networks, A part of the IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, December 9-12, 2014, Orlando FL (USA)
- Reviewer, INDICON 2021, IIT Guwahati.
- Reviewer, Book Chapter, National Conference on Progresses in Material Science Research (PMSR-2020), organized by the Department of Physics, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, Assam
- Reviewer, EGTET-2020 Springer, Assam Don Bosco University.
- Reviewer, International Symposium on Women in Computing and Informatics (WCI'19), CoCoNet'19, September 18-21, 2019, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- Reviewer, Inderscience Publications (Scopus), 2013 onwards.
- Reviewer, Int. J. of Mobile Communications. (Scopus)
- Reviewer, IEEE Signal Processing & Integrated Networks (SPIN 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018), Organized by Amity University, Noida
- Reviewer, 2013 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology & Applications (ISWTA), ISWTA 2013, September 22 – 25, 2013, Kuching, Malaysia.
- Reviewer, Dubrovnik - CSCCA '13. 2nd International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Communications, Computers and Applications.
- Reviewer Committee Member assigned for several Conferences, Organized by World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS), an international organization operating in Athens, Greece.
Scholarship: Selected for NEC Scholarship from Govt. of India during M. Tech Course from 2010-2012.
Resource Person/ Invited talks delivered:
- Resource Person, FDP on ‘Programming with Python, R, and MATLAB’, organized by Dept of Mathematics, Jawaharlal Nehru College Boko, from 28th June to 4th July 2021.
- Resource Person, Future Skill training on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, job-oriented training to the students of DUIET to make them industry ready for complying to the future skill requirements of IT-ITes industries, 22nd Feb- 6th March 2021 under TEQIP III.
- Resource Person, FDP on "Applied Machine Learning and Deep Learning" organized by Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) in collaboration with the department of CSE, GIMT Guwahati, 24th Feb to 1st March 2021 under TEQIP III.
- Resource Person for the One-week Short Term Course (STC) on Computer Programming in Dept. Of Physics D.U. (1st to 7th July, 2019). Lecture topics: 1) Applications to transmission lines and waveguides using SCILAB/MATLAB 2) Digital Electronics and VERILOG/VHDL.
- Resource Person in National Level Workshop on MATLAB and Selected Applications held in 18th June to 27th June 2012 at Institute of Science and Technology - Gauhati University, Guwahati
- Resource Person in 2nd National Level Workshop on MATLAB and Selected Applications held in 15th June to 22th June 2013 at Institute of Science and Technology - Gauhati University, Guwahati
Organization of Seminars/conferences/workshops:
- Organizer, RESTS 2020, “National Conference on Recent Advancements and Emerging Challenges in Science and Technology for Sustainable Development (RESTS-2020)”, Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering And Technology in collaboration with DR. SSBUICET, Panjab University in Virtual Mode under TEQIP-III during July 14th & 15th, 2020.
- Organizer, "Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “E-content Development and Delivery” under the aegis of TEQIP- III project, DUIET held at DUIET, Dibrugarh University, Assam from 19th August to 23rd August 2020.
- Organizer, AVEZA 1.0- the Startup Conclave cum Competition at DUIET on Nov 2-3 2019.
- Organizer, Patent awareness lecture by Prof. Prabuddha Ganguli, on 2nd May 2016 in DUIET.
- Member, Organizing Committee, One day workshop on Intellectual Property Rights on 15 May 2017
- Member, Organizing Committee, IPR Workshop on 23rd Nov 2015.
Participation in Orientation programmes/ FDPs/Refresher courses etc.
- Participant, one-week FDP on "Diverse Aspects on Indian knowledge system" held from 8 Aug 2022 to 12 Aug 2022 DUIET.
- Participant, Ten Days Gian Course On "Speech & Audio Processing" From 11 To 22 July 2022 IIT Dharwad.
- Participant, ATAL FDP on AI in Healthcare, 27 Sept.- 01 Oct. 2021 at Gauhati University.
- Participant, Short Term Course (STC) on Deep Learning-Based Speech Processing Techniques for Smart Health and Education Systems-Concepts, Recent Trends and Key Challenges, from 20th September – 24th September 2021 at IIT Patna.
- Participant, TEQIP Future Skill Training Programme on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, IIT Indore, Dec 21-30 2020.