Objectives of the Training and Placement Cell
Dibrugarh University has a full-fledged training and placement cell and it is an integral part of the University. The training and placement cell is committed to provide all possible assistance to its graduates and post graduates in their efforts to find employment. It is headed by Training and Placement Officer and is well supported by both faculties as well as student placement coordinators from various departments and centres for studies. The training and placement facilitation at Dibrugarh University is a year round activity to facilitate contacts between organizations and students. It assists in arranging pre-placement talks, written tests, group discussions, personal interviews, etc. Off-campus interviews are also arranged regularly. The training and placement cell also invites industry professionals to interact with students in order to identify the emerging opportunities in the corporate world. The culmination of the training and placement activities at Dibrugarh University is to provide opportunities to students in line with their competencies and to help find the best fit as per their requirements. This effort is directed at arriving at a win-win situation for both the students as well as the organizations.
- Companies are invited to the University by the Training and Placement Cell. The companies can also contact the Training and Placement Officer for their requirement.
- To the responding companies, the details of the final year students opting for placement are sent as per their requirement.
- The company is assigned a mutually agreed date for campus recruitment.
- A pre-placement talk is arranged on the assigned date before starting the recruitment process.
- The company conducts Aptitude/Technical test/ Group discussion/Personal interview as part of their preferred recruitment process.
- After the completion of the recruitment process, the company is expected to furnish the final list of selected students on the day of recruitment itself.