- B. Sc. : D. K. D. College, Dibrugarh University, 1998
- M. Sc. : Gauhati University, Guwahati, 2001
- Ph. D.: National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, 2007
- Postdocs: i) JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan (2007-2009); ii) Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Kansas, USA (2009-2012)
- NET JRF (CSIR), 2002
- GATE, 2003, Percentile Score 97.72, AIR Rank 62
- INSA Summer Research Fellow (SRF) award, 2013
- JSPS Bridge Fellowship Award 2018 (To visit Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences for a collaborative research programme for 45 days).
- CSIR/DST Travel award, 2006 to attend the “7th Tetrahedron Symposium, Challenges in Organic Chemistry” at Kyoto Research Park, Kyoto, Japan during 25-26 May, 2006.
- Japanese Peptide Society Award, 2009 to attend the “21st American Peptide Symposium” at Indiana University, USA during 7-12 June, 2009.
- American Peptide Society (APS) Travel Award to attend the 21st APS Symposium, June 2009, Indiana University, USA.
- “Best Poster Award” in “Advancements in Materials, Health & Safety towards Sustainable Energy and Environment”- An international seminar organized by Indian JSPS Alumni organization in Chennai during the period 7-8 August, 2014.
- DST Travel award 2017 to deliver an Invited Talk in an International Conference at Rome, Italy during the period 24-26 July, 2017.
- Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) postdoctoral research fellow (2007-2009) at Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, The University of Kansas, USA (2009-12)
- Assistant Professor, Dept of Chemistry, Dibrugarh University; Feb. 2012- June 2016
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Dibrugarh University; July 2016-onwards
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
- Green Chemistry- Organic transformations (like Suzuki coupling, azide-alkyne cycloadditions, Aza-Michael reactions etc.) in water and ionic liquids
- Synthetic Peptide Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry
- Anti-tubercular drug design and synthesis
- Catalysis- Homogeneous & Heterogeneous
- Palladium catalyzed Suzuki cross coupling reactions in ionic liquids (Funded by UGC, New Delhi for the period 2013-2015, Amount: 6 Lakhs)
- Azide-Alkyne cycloaddition reactions in ionic liquids: Synthesis and antimicrobial activities of 1,2,3-triazole containing compounds (Funded by CSIR, New Delhi for the period 2013-2016, Amount: 23 Lakhs)
- Design, Synthesis and Biological evaluation of peptidic compounds as potent anti-microbial agents (Funded by DST, New Delhi, 2017-20, Amount- 30 Lakhs)
- in silico Design, Synthesis, Bio-assay and elucidation of novel analogues of vasicine and other quinazolinone analogues, Funded by DBT under Twining Programme (2018-21), Amount: 43 Lakhs to DU).
PhD/ MPhil Awarded:
Ph.D.- Awarded: 7 (Dr. Preeti Rekha Boruah; Dr. Amrita K. Chaliha; Dr. Abdul A. Ali; Dr. Mitali Chetia; Dr. Manashjyoti Konwar; Dr. Indomoni Das; Dr. Hanan Elnagdy)
M.Phil.- Awarded: 5 (Ms. Parmita Phukan; Ms. Jasmin Sultana, Mr. Apurba Dutta, Mr. Roktopol Hazarika, Mr. Rahul Sharma)
- Coordinator, DST-FIST-I programme, Dept of Chemistry, 2021-26
- HOD, Dept. of Chemistry, July 2018-June 2021
- Chairperson, DMC (2015-16)
- Instrument In-charge of the department
- Department Placement Coordinator (2015-16).
- Coordinator, DST-FIST-I programme, Dept of Chemistry, 2012-16
- Deputy Coordinator, UGC-SAP-DRS-I, Dept. of Chemistry, 2016-20
- Member, Board of Studies (BOS) in Chemistry
- Member, DUTA
- As Resource person- Deliver lectures in colleges and schools.
- Duty as a Presiding Officer in Legislative Assembly Election and Parliamentary Election.
- Reviewer of International journals.
- Invited talk in National Conferences
- Life member of Association of Chemistry Teachers (ACT), India
- Member of Dibrugarh University Teacher’s Association (DUTA)
- Executive Member, Society for Chemical Education in Assam (SCEA)
- Convener, East Chapter, Indian JSPS Alumni Organization