Area of Interest :
- Cost Accounting.
- Management Accounting.
- Environmental Accounting.
- Financial Statement Analysis.
- Agriculture and Rural Marketing.
- Management of Rural Development Projects.
Title of thesis for doctoral degree:
A Study on the Entrepreneurial Development of the Rural Areas of Dibrugarh District, Assam.
Ph.D. awarded under supervision:
- Topic: ‘A study of Developing Rural Entrepreneurship with special reference to Jorhat District of Assam’, Scholar: Sanjib Baruah, Senior Lecturer, C.K.B. Commerce College, Jorhat. 2006
- Topic: ‘Impact of Poverty Alleviation Programmes in Assam- A Study of Golaghat District’.2008, Scholar: Rupa Bora, Senior Lecturer, Dergaon College, Assam.
- Topic: ‘Role of Commercial Banks in Entrepreneurship Development- with special reference to Karbi Anglong District of Assam’.2010, Scholar: Jibon Neog, Lecturer, Diphu Govt. College.
- Topic: ‘Muga Based Activities and its role on the growth of Entrepreneurship in Lakhimpur District of Assam’, Scholar: Berendra Nath Sarma, Senior Accountant, Brahmaputra Board. 2010
- Topic: ‘A study on the Changing Scenario of Banking Industry in Kamrup District of Assam with special reference to computerization of Banking Services’, Scholar: Kaveri Bezboruah, Lecturer, Guwahati Commerce College.
- Topic: 'Role of Self Help Groups in Promoting Entrepreneurial Activities- A Study with reference to Golaghat District, Assam', Scholar: Kajal Saikia, Chief Manager (Employee Relations), Numaligarh Refinery Limited.
- Topic: ‘A Study of the Managerial Issues in Police Administration with reference to Assam Police’, Scholar: Sanjiv Raj
- Topic: ‘A Study on Effectiveness of Swarna Jayanti Sahari Rozgar Yojana and Prime Minister Rozgar Yojana on the Growth of entrepreneurship in Urban Areas of Jorhat District of Assam’, Scholar: Pratap Jyoti Dutta (Commerce)
- Topic: ‘Entrepreneurial Contribution in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises sector of Dibrugarh and Tinsukia towns of Assam – A Diagnostic Study’, Scholar: Kailash Borgohain.
- Topic: ‘An Empirical Investigation of Cost Accounting Practices in Tea Manufacturing Units of Dibrugarh District, Assam’, Scholar: Protima Chakraborty.
- Topic: ‘A Study on Growth of Income of Women Entrepreneurs of Tinsukia District,Assam, Scholar: Sukanya Raj Boruah
- Topic: ‘A Study on Financing for Skill Development in Food Processing Units With special reference to Dibrugarh district of Assam’,Scholar: Rajpol Bharadwaj
- Topic: ‘Financial Management of Women Owned Enterprises in the Urban Areas of Dibrugarh District, Assam,’ Scholar: Ankita Baruah
- Topic: ‘A Study on Rural Women Entrepreneurs under Formal Sector in the Dibrugarh District of Assam,’ Scholar: Moheshwar Rajkhowa
- Topic: ‘A Comparative Study of the Human Resource Management and Development Practices of the State and Central University Libraries of Assam’
- Topic: ‘ An Investigative Study on Rural Women Self Help Groups of Dibrugarh District for Entrepreneurship Development’.
- Topic: A comparative Study on e-banking facilities of various Private and Public sector banks in Tinsukia town’ Scholar: Nehal Chhalani.
- Topic: ‘Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) of Oil India Limited in Assam: A diagnostic Study’Scholar: Ahsanul Hussain, GM ( drilling) ,Oil India Limited, Duliajan.
M.Phil awarded under supervision:
- Topic: Jawahar Rozgar Yojana – A case study of three development blocks of Lakhimpur District of Assam’, Scholar: Dipul Baruah, 2000.
- Topic: ‘A study on the Rural Development Programmes in the Sivasagar District of Assam with reference to three development blocks, Scholar: Dipak Kurmi, Welfare Officer, 2001, Moran Tea Estate.
- Topic: ‘A study on small scale industries in the areas of Dibrugarh District of Assam’, Scholar: Purandar Gohain, 2002.
- Topic: ‘Development of small entrepreneurs as vendor to large scale organization with special reference to ONGCL, Sivasagar, Scholar: Seema Pather, 2003.
- Topic: ‘A study on the growth of Women entrepreneurship in reference to the 22 wards of Dibrugarh town’, Scholar: Bani Kachari, 2005.
- Topic: ‘A Study on Small Tea Growers Under Margherita Subdivision in the Tinsukia District of Asom for the period 2002-2006’, Scholar: Anjan Kr. Bordoloi, 2006.
- Topic: ‘An Empirical Study of Self Help Groups with special reference to Dhemaji Block of Dhemaji District of Assam’, Scholar: Sangkhadhar Patra, 2006.
- Topic: ‘The Role of Non Government Organisations in the promotion of Self Help Groups in the urban areas of Tinsukia town’, Scholar: Nehal Chhalani, 2006.
- Topic: ‘A study on the Prospects and Problems of Muga Based Industry in the Lakhimpur and Dhemaji Districts – with special reference to Maskhowa Bordoloni and Dhakuwakhana blocks’, Scholar: Bijumoni Borah, 2007.
- Topic: ‘A study on the Prospects and Problems of the Growth of Floriculture in Duliajan town of Dibrugarh District’, Scholar: Debojit Barua, 2007.
- Topic: ‘A Study on the Effectiveness of Telecasting local Television Commercials on the Local Business Units dealing in Consumer Products and Services in Tinsukia District of Assam, Scholar: Abhishek Rana Borah, 2012
- Topic: ‘Entrepreneurial Practices amongst the Tea Garden Communities With SpecialReference to Naharkatia and Langharjan Tea Estates of Dibrugarh District.’, Scholar: Mousumi Gogoi.
- Topic: ‘A Study on Purchase Decision of Financial Products by Women with specific reference to Golaghat Municipality Area’. Scholar: Suchibrata Chelleng
- Topic: ‘A study on Rural Retail Marketing Channel Management with special reference to Borboruah Development Block, Scholar: Mayuri Phukan
- Topic: ‘Role of Rastriya Gramin Vikas Nidhi (North East) Microfinance Ltd. in Promoting Entrepreneurship in Sivasagar District-A case study of Demow Area’, Scholar: Sonashree Das
- Topic: ‘An Analysis of the Functioning of State Bank of India as compared to Islamic Banking system.’, Scholar: Yasmin Khatoon
- Topic: ‘Investment in Mutual Funds with special reference to Faculties of Dibrugarh University’, Scholar: Rahul Kr Das
- Topic: ‘Cost Benefit Analysis on Operation of Cruise on River Brahmaputra from Tourism Perspective’, Scholar: Rajashree Gogoi Borgohain
- UGC (Major Research Project), A Study on Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Assam for Entrepreneurial Development.
- UGC (Minor Research Project), A study on Effectiveness of SJSRY in Urban Area of Dibrugarh District, Assam.
- Directorate of Distance Education, Dibrugarh Sponsored (Minor Research Project) on Revision of Self Learning Material (SLMs) Under Distance Education, in the Post Graduate Courses of Commerce.
- UGC Sponsored (Minor Research Project) under Area Studies Programme on A Study on Feasibility Investment Opportunities in North East India, based on Import demand of Bangladesh and Resource availability.
- Developed the Techno Economic model on the Indo-US 21st Century Knowledge Initiative Programme entitled ‘Foam assisted CO2-EOR for Upper Assam Basin under the principal investigator Prof. S. Borgohain Gogoi of Petroleum Technology as Co-PI.
- Developing Techno-economic model (TeM) and Social Cost Benefit Analysis (SCBA) using Delphi survey data analysis. ‘Novel EOR technique for the depleted oil reservoirs of Upper Assam Basin with simultaneous CO2 Capture and Sequestration’, UGC-UKIERI, UK Lead partner University of Edinburgh, under the principal investigator Prof. S. Borgohain Gogoi of Petroleum Technology amounting to Rs 14,00,000 as Co-PI.
- Developing Techno-economic model (TeM) and Social Cost Benefit Analysis (SCBA) of Carbon neautrality through combined CO2 capture and Novel H2 technology with production of non- conventional fuels for smart cities under Indo Canada- IMPACTS with University of Ontario Institute Of Technology, under the principal investigator Prof. S. Borgohain Gogoi of Petroleum Technology as Co-PI.
Award and Recognition received:
- University Rank Holder in Pre degree Commerce Examination
- Nominated as NAAC Peer Team Member, 2004.
- Nominated as Regional Coordinator for the National Eastern region of UGCs major programme on Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education, 2010
- Identified as a Trainer for UGC major programme on Capacity building of Women Managers in Higher Education, 2007.
- Nominated as Member in UGC National Consultative Committee Capacity building of Women Managers in Higher Education.
- Nominated as a member on UNESCO Committee to take the lead on working with Ms. Ela Gandhi, Peace Activist on the Phoenix Settlement, USA.
Details of Faculty Development Programs:
- Attended ‘NAACs North East Regional Workshop on Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education’ on 24th – 29th, November, 2003, organized by Women Studies Research Centre, Gauhati University.
- Attended Training of Trainers (TOTs) at National Institute of Educational Planning and administration (NIEPA), New Delhi from October 25th to 27th, 2004.
- Attended ‘UGCs North East Regional Workshop on Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education’ from February 2nd to 7th, 2005, Organised by Women’s Studies Research Centre, Gauhati University.
- Attended UGC North – Eastern Workshop on Training of Trainers for Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education from 27th September to 1st October, 2005. Organised by Women’s Studies Research Centre, Gauhati University.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Capacity Building of Women Manager in Higher Education Refresher Course on the Manual Titled: Academic Leadership, Organised by Institute for Excellence in Higher Education, Bhopal. (Madhya Pradesh) from 1st to 3rd September 2009.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education, Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop on ICT, Time & Stress Management, Organised by Anna University, Chennai, from 3rd to 7th December, 2010.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education, Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop on Human Resource Management in Institutions for Higher Education, Organised Kurukshetra University, 28th March to 1st April 2011.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Capacity Building of Women managers in Higher Education, Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop on Communication & Negotiation Skills in Institutions for Higher Education, Organised by Gauhati University, 17th to 21st August 2011.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education, Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop on Financial Management in Institutions for Higher Education, Organised by Bishop Cotton Women's Christian College, Bangalore 15th to 17th Sept' 2011.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education, Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop on Team Building and Decision Making in Institutes of Higher Education, Organised by Sri Venkateswara University, Tripati, 14th to 18th October, 2011.
- Attended UGC Sponsored Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education, Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop on Advocacy in Institutions for Higher Education, Organised by University of Kalyani, 13th to 17th December 2011.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship, December 15-26, 2014, supported by National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, Department of Science & Technology, GOI, organized at Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad.
- Reviewed the Module under (Management Skills Enhancement Modules) on Human Resource Management in Institution of Higher Education, UGC New Delhi 2010 prepared by Prof. Ipshita Bansal, Faculty of Management Studies Banasthali University Rajasthan.
- Book Reviewed on International Economics, by Reeta Mathur, published by Book Enclave, Jaipur - Publised in the Management Scientist, An Quarterly Chitransh Institute of Management Science, Vol. 9. No. 3 & 4, July – Sep. – Oct. – Dec. 2010
Academic Visit Abroad:
Bangkok Thailand, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana State University, Stanford University, the University of Texas, Dallas, University of Toronto, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, University of New England Sydney.
Other activities and membership of association etc.:
- Course coordinator of two number of Refresher course in Commerce.
- Coordinator of Workshop and Seminars, Resource Person/Chairpersons of refresher courses, seminars and workshops.
- Invited faculty for various academic & administrative engagements.
- Advisor of the Editorial Board of Journals of Commerce.
- Editor of ‘Vanijya a Dibrugarh University Journal of Business Studies for two terms.
- Member on various Editorial Board of Journals of Business & Management Studies.
- Life member, North East Women Entrepreneurs Association.
- Life member, North East Society for Environmental Convention.
- Life member, Indian Commerce Association.
- Life member, Indian Accounting Association.
- Life member, Council for Teacher Education.
- Life member, North East Economic Association.
- Life member, All India Social Science Congress.
- Member Gandhi Samarak Nidhi.
- Former Head Department of Commerce, Dibrugarh University, 2006 to 2008.
- Documentation for UNICEF and prepared a report on Global Hand Washing Day 16th October 2008, Dibrugarh.
- Ex pert member in different capacities in selection committees, UGC and NET Bureau.
- Member on several Board of Studies & Board of Management
- Former Dean of School of Commerce & Management Science
- Former Chairperson Centre for Management Studies.
- Member of Administrative & Academic Audit.
For other details please download CV.