- M. Com., Ph. D.
- General management - Human Resource Management
Teaching Experience: 32 years.
- Lecturer, DHSK Commerce College (September 1984-May 1989)
- Lecturer, Department of Commerce D.U. 1989 - 1994.
- Reader, Department of Commerce, D.U. 1994 - 2003.
- Professor, Department of Commerce, D.U. since March 2003
- Experience of Teaching & Research in Management - 13 years.
Research Scholars Guided for Ph. D.
Awarded = 38; Working = 07
Research Scholars Guided for M. Phil.
Awarded = 32 Working = 0
- Ms. Ranjeeta Phukan - A Study of Women Entrepreneurship in Assam with Sepcial Reference to Dibrugarh and Tinsukia Districts - 1999
- Mr. Umen Dutta - A Study on the Working of the Promotional Public Enterprises in Assam - 1999
- Mr. K.C. Goswami - Financial Management of Universities with Reference to Gauhati and Dibrugarh University - 1999
- Mr. Chaytanya Bora - Marketing of Tea with Special Reference to the Tea Industries of Assam - 2002
- Mr. Ratan Barman - A Study on the Working of the Tribal Cooperatives in Karbi Anglong District - 2003
- Mr. K.M. Bhagawati - Marketing of Handloom Products of Weavers’ Cooperatives in Assam - 2004
- Ms. B. S. Bhattacharya - Financing of Agriculture by Regional Rural Banks with Reference to Lakhimi Gaolia Bank - 2005
- Mr. Bikash Kr. Barua - Role of Khadi and Village Industries in Promoting Rural Entrepreneurship in Assam - 2005
- Mr. H. Kalita - A Study on the Contributions of Petroleum Based Industries to the Economy of Assam - 2007
- Mr. Manik Ch. Barman - Management of Infrastructure for Agricultural Development in Assam with Special Reference to Nalbari District. - 2007
- Col. K.N. Choube - A study of Employee Motivation in the Industrial Organizations in the District of Tinsukia - 2007
- Mr. Jibon Bora - A Study of the Problems of Child Labour in the Unorganized Sector in Assam - 2011
- Mr. Bhupesh Bhagawati - A Study of the Management of New Business under Jorhat Division of L.I.C.I. before and after the I.R.D.A. Regime. 2009
- Mr. Diganta Bora - A Study of the Performance Appraisal System in Oil India Limited, Duliajan. 2009
- Mr. Pratim Barua - A study of Manpower Planning in Assam with Special Reference to Technical and Managerial Manpower - 2009
- Ms. Rashida Tahira Noorain - Productivity and Quality Awareness in the Tea Industry: A Study of Bought Leaf Tea Factories and Estate Owned Tea Factories in the Upper Brahmaputra Valley of Assam. 2011
- Mr. Arup Goswami - Tea Consumption Habits of Urban People: A Consumer Behaviour Study in Dibrugarh and Guwahati - 2011
- Ms. Kakoli Mahanta - Management of Human Resources in Outsourcing Industry – A Study of Selected B.P.O. Firms in India - 2011
- Mr. Samip Baruah - A Study of the Supply Chain and Logistic Issues of North Eastern Region of Select FMCG Companies - 2011
- Mr. Dipankar Baidya - Outsourcing of Financial Services in India – A Study on Selected Institutions with Reference to Banking Industry - 2013
- Mr. Ankur Baruah - Impact of Organizational change in Motivation of Employees – A Study of Oil India Limited. Duliajan - 2013
- Ms. Aradhana Borthakur - Management of Hospitals in Assam – A Study of Selected Private Hospitals - 2015
- Mr. Rintu Saikia - A Study of Quality and Relevance in Academic, Research and Extension Programmes of Assam Agricultural University - 2016
- Ms. Suman Mahanta - Marketing of Hospitality Services: A Study of Selected Hotels in Assam - 2015.
- Ms. Kangana Bhagawati - Marketing of Bank Services: A Study of Private Sector Banks in Guwahati City. - 2015
- Mr. Biraj Hazarika - Evaluating Effectiveness of Executive Training in Central Public Sector Undertakings: Case Study of Oil India Limited - 2018.
- Mr. Sarat Borah - Customer Satisfaction in Life Insurance Products of Private Insurance Companies: A Case Study of Jorhat District of Assam - 2015.
- Mr. Shyamal Baruah - Performance Management System of the Executives: A Study of Select Oil companies of Upper Assam - 2016
- Ms. Nidhi Garodia - Imparting Emotional Intelligence in Educational institutions: a diagnostic Study in higher Educational Institutions of Assam - 2015.
- Mr. Subhadeep Chakraborty - Brand Preference of Consumers towards Select consumer Durables – A Case Study of Tinsukia Town - 2017
- Mr. Makhan Khound - Role of small industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in Developng Micro, Small and medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in India with Special Reference to N.E. Region - 2018
- Mr. Surajit Saikia - Price Behaviour of Vegetables: A study of the Selected Vegetable Markets in Assam - 2019
- Ms. Prabani Phukan - Management of Education in B-Schools in India: A Case Study of Select B-Schools in the State of Karnataka - 2017.
Mr. Parthajit Doley (Co-guide) - Standardized Multinational Advertising: A Framework for Determining Marketing Program Standardization - 2017
- Mr. Dhrubajyoti Bordoloi - Perception and Awareness about the Shariah Laws in Making Equity Investment Decisions among Indian Muslims: A Case Study of Assam - 2019.
- Mr. Jagwinder Singh - Financial Management of Universities: A Study of State and Central Universities of Assam - 2020.
- Mr. Manash Pratim Sarmah - Agricultural Financing in Assam: A Study with special Reference to Agricultural Development Branches (ADBs) of State Bank of India in Assam - Working.
- Ms Debyani Roy Bhowmick - Management of Occupational Stress: A Study of the Teachers of Provincialized Colleges in Assam - Working
- Mr. Prasanta Kumar Nath - Knowledge Retention (Kr) and Selection of KR Strategies: A Case Study of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) Refinery, Digboi - 2020 .
- Mr. Arinjoy Barooah - A Comparative Study of Work Life Balance of the Executives of Oil India Limited and State Bank of India - Working.
- Deepankar Bhattacharjee - A Non-parametric Measure of Efficiency and Modeling Supply Chain in Indian Tea Industry - 2018.
- Rimakhi Borah - Effectiveness of public Healthcare System: A Study in Sonitpur District of Assam - Working
- Palashi Baruah - Health Insurance as an Alternative to Health Financing - Working
- Mousam Agarwal - Selling of Tea in India - Working.
- Samrat Bharadwaj -
- Served as Head, Department of Commerce, Dibrugarh University for 6 years.(1996 - 2002)
- Founder Director In Charge, Centre for Management Studies, Dibrugarh University.
- Served as Director In charge, Centre for Management Studies, Dibrugarh University for 4 years. (2002 - 2006)
- Dean, School of Commerce and Management Science, Dibrugarh University from November 18, 2014 to October 27, 2015
Other Academic and Administrative Experience:
- Conducted 4(four) number of Refresher Courses in Commerce for College and University Teachers as Course Coordinator.
- Edited four issues of VANIJYA – A D.U. Journal of Business Studies in the years 1995 1996,1997 and 1998.
- Serving as Head, Department of Commerce, Dibrugarh University since November 1, 1999 to October 14, 2002.
- As a member of the Financial Monitoring and Control Group constituted by the Vice Chancellor, Dibrugarh University suggested measures for upward revision of various fees from students for improvement of financial health of the university in the year 1998. Following the recommendation of the Committee, D.U. revised its fee-structure for the first time and thereby could improve its financial health.
- Served as Chairman, Board of Studies in Commerce, Dibrugarh University from February 20, 1996 to March 31, 1999 and since November 1, 1999 to October 14, 2002.
- Served as Chairman, Departmental Research Committee from February 20, 1996 to March 31, 1999 and since November 1, 1999 to October 14, 2002.
- Member, Dibrugarh University Court since September 2000 to October 14, 2002.
- Served as Director In Charge, Centre for Management Studies, Dibrugarh University from November 2002 – January 2007.
- Serving as Chairman, Board of Studies in Business Administration, Dibrugarh University.
- Serving as Chairman, Departmental Research Committee, Centre for Management Studies, D.U.
- Member Secretary, Board of Management, Centre for Management Studies, Dibrugarh University.
- Member of the Committee constituted by the Executive Council, D.U. to study statutory provisions, the rules, delegation of financial powers and practices being followed by the University in the matters of financial transactions and suggest improvement on them, if necessary.
- Member of the Administrative Set-up Committee constituted by the 262nd Meeting of the Executive Council, D.U.
- Member, Academic Council, Dibrugarh University from February 1996 to March 1999 and since November 1999 till date.
- Member, Undergraduate Board, Dibrugarh University since July 2001.
- Member, Research Academic Committee, Dibrugarh University since October 2001
- Member, Editorial Board, VANIYA – A D.U. Journal of Business Studies.
- Organized four UGC sponsored Refresher Courses for College and University teachers as Course Coordinator in 1995, 1996, 1999 and 2000.
- Delivered Lectures in 10 Refresher Courses in Commerce organized in the Department since 1995 as Resource Person.
- Delivered lectures in 3 Refresher Courses in Economics organized by the Department of Economics, Dibrugarh University.
- Acting as Chairman, Moderation Board of T.D.C. and P.G. Examination in Commerce since 1996.
- Acted as Head Examiner in B.Com. Examination several years.
- Organized a National Seminar in the Department as Joint Convener in May 2002.
- Organized 8 MDPs for executives of industrial organizations during 2003- 2007 as coordinator.
- Organized a Workshop on Students Project Preparation for B.Com. students as Coordinator in the Department of Commerce, Dibrugarh University on March 31, 2009.
- Chaired a technical session in the National Seminar on Role of Securities Market in Changing Investment Behaviour of India organized by Golaghat Commerce College, Golaghat during September 22-23, 2009.
- Delivered a Talk on Attitude Development in the Soft-Skills Training Programme for Dibrugarh University Employees on December 9, 2009.
- Delivered a Talk on Motivation Development in the Soft-Skills Training Programme for Dibrugarh University Employees on December 11, 2009.
- Delivered talks on “Leadership at Work Place” in the State Level Training Programme for Trade Union Activist organized by the Central Board of Workers Education, Tinsukia on December 20,21,23 and 26, 2009 at Hotel East End, Dibrugarh.
- Delivered 3 lecturers in the 12th Refresher Course in Commerce, UGC- Academic Staff College, Gauhati University, Guwahati on February 10-11, 2010.
- Delivered a talk on Leadership Development for NGO Activists organized by the Central Board of Workers Education, Tinsukia on the 14th and 19th February, 2010.
- Delivered a talk on “Productivity for Inclusive Growth” in the valedictory function of Productivity Week Celebration at AOD, Digboi on the 18th February, 2010.
- Delivered a talk on Positive Attitude Development for NGO Activists organized by the Central Board of Workers Education, Tinsukia on the 7th, 8th and 15th March, 2011.
- Participated as a member of the Evaluation Panel in the Evaluation Workshop of UGC-NET at Pune in August, 2010.
- Delivered Keynote Address in the National seminar on Leadership Role-Play in Changing Indian Higher Educational Scenario organized by Tinsukia Commerce College, Tinsukia on March 12-13, 2011. Also chaired a technical session in the Seminar.
- Delivered a talk on Personality Development for the BBA students at Tinsukia Women’s College, Tinsukia on the 22nd March, 2011.
- Participated as a member of the Evaluation Panel in the Evaluation Workshop of UGC-NET in New Delhi from April 25-30, 2011.
- Visited two institutes at Raipur and Bilaspur, Chattisgarh as an Expert Visiting Committee member of AICTE on June 1 and June 2, 2011.
- Acted as a Resource Person in a Soft Skill Development Programme for the P.G. Students of Dibrugarh University at Ranghar, organized by Commerce Association, D.U.
- Participated in the Confidential Workshop of UGC-NET in New Delhi from October 1-6, 2012.
- Acted as Editor, Vanijya – Dibrugarh University journal of Business Studies for 2012 and 2013.
- Chaired a technical session in the International Conference held at Novotel, Beijing, China on November 11, 2013.
- Chaired a technical session in the 2nd International CSR Conference held at Mercure Convention Centre, Jakarta, Indonesia, during June 2-5, 2014.
- President, North East India Commerce and Management Association (2016-2018)
- Life member of Indian Commerce Association
- Life member of Assam Productivity Council
- Vice President, NIPM Assam Chapter.
COUNTRIES VISITED:(22) - Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, China, UAE, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Vietnam, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Mauritius.