- D. in Mathematics from Dibrugarh University, Assam, India.
Title of the thesis: “A Study on Soret Effect in Porous Media”.
Supervisor: Prof. B. R. Sharma, Department of Mathematics, Dibrugarh University.
- Post Graduate in Mathematics from Gauhati University, Assam, India.
- Graduate in Mathematics (Honours) from Indraprastha College for Women, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
Professional Experience :
- Four years Mathematics teaching experience in Sibsagar Junior College (HS level).
- Four months teaching experience in Gorgaon College (Undergraduate level).
- Three years teaching experience (B.Sc., B.Sc.(IT), B.E., B.Tech., M.Sc.) in Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat, as Assistant Professor from 2016 – 2019 (Undergraduate & Postgraduate level).
- Presently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Mathematics, Dibrugarh University since 2019 till date.
Area of Interest : Fluid Dynamics, Numerical analysis, Numerical computations in PDE and ODE.
Courses Taken :
- M.Sc. : Numerical Analysis, Numerical Partial Differential Equation, Continuum Mechanics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Numerical methods and computer programming, Mathematical Modeling.
- I.M.Sc in Physics (Part-time faculty)
- DUIET (Part-time faculty)
Workshops Attended :
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Workshop on “Teaching Mathematics: Issues and Challenges” organised by Department of Mathematics, Nazira College during 3rd- 4th April 2013.
- Presented research paper (Poster) entitled “Soret effect on MHD mixed convection flow over a cone embedded in a porous medium with heat generation and chemical reaction” in the workshop “Indian Women & Mathematics: Regional Workshop on Research and Opportunities” organised by the Department of Mathematics, IIT Guwahati during 19th- 20th February 2016.
- Participated in Teacher’s Enrichment Course in Undergraduate Mathematics Curriculum during 07 – 12 January, 2019 organized by CET & Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- Participated in the one week short term course on Linear Algebra and its Applications in Engineering Sciences (LAAES 2019) during 12 – 16 August 2019 organized by Department of Engineering Mathematics, DUIET, Dibrugarh University.
- Participated in the Teacher’s Enrichment Workshop (TEW) on Real Analysis, Algebra and Linear Algebra (RAALA 2019) during 30 September – 5 October 2019 organized by Department of Mathematics, Dibrugarh University.
- Participated in the Workshop INDIAN WOMEN & MATHEMATICS: Regional Workshop on Research and Opportunities during 19 – 20 October 2019 organized by Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Meghalaya.
- Participated in a three day National Faculty Development Program on “MATLAB and It’s Applications” during 17th – 19th August 2020 organized by Department of Mathematics, Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College, Bengaluru under IQAC.
- Participated in a five days Faculty Development Programme on “LaTex Document Preparation System” during 17th – 21st August 2020 organized by Department of Physics, Mar Thoma College, Tiruvalla, in association with Spoken Tutorial, IIT, Bombay under PMMMNMTT scheme.
- Participated in 7 days Faculty Development Programme on “Moodle Learning Management System” during 09th – 15th September 2020 organized by Dibrugarh University, training offered by Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme on Recent Developments in the field of Computational Biology (Online) during 22nd to 26th November 2021 organized by Dept. of Computer Science and engineering, Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata.
- Participated in Online FDP on The Role of linear algebra in machine learning, artificial intelligence & Data science during 29th November 2021 to 3rd December 2021 organized by Dept. of Mathematics and Humanities, Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- Participated in STTP on Computational Techniques in Calculus and Linear Algebra using MATLAB & SCILAB during 01st to 7th December 2021 organized by Centre of Excellence- Modeling of Dynamical Systems, Dept of Mathematics, CMR Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.