- M.A. in Bodo, Gauhati University
- Ph.D. Awarded from Bodoland University
- Others: B.Ed., DCA, PGDCA
- Worked as a Guest Lecturer (Bodo) from 3rd July, 2017 to 2020 in the North Eastern Regional Language Centre, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Bongaon Majhipara, Beltola, Ghy-28.
- Worked as a Linguist in Indian Languages Corpora Initiative Project (DIT Sponsored Project, JNU), at the Department of Bodo, Gauhati University, Guwahati.
- Worked as a Senior Research Assistant from Oct, 11, 2011 to Feb. 25, 2013 at LDC-IL, Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Mysore-06.
- Worked as a Junior Resource Person-Bodo from May 6, 2009 to October 10, 2011 at LDC-IL, Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Mysore-06.
- Worked as a Lecturer in Bodo at the National Pioneer College, Tangla (2007-2009).
Area of Interest
- Linguistics Study, POS Tagging, Chunking, Speech Segmentation, Corpus Creation and Normalization, Lexicography, Translation, Study on Culture and Literature.
- Presented paper on “Case Marking System in Bodo” at 38th Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, 2017.
- Presented paper on “Dual Case Marking and TAMing Bodo Tags” at 31st All India Conference of Linguistics and Transformation Studies (CALTS), University of Hyderabad, 2009.
- Participated in 13th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing 2012), held at IIT Delhi, India, on March 11 to 17, 2012.
- Participated in the international SALA (South Asian Languages Analysis) 29 held in CIIL, Mysore, India 2011.
- Participated in 8th International Conference on Natural Language Processing ICON-2010 held on December 8-11, 2010 Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
- A Three Day National Workshop on Indian Languages Corpora Initiative (Phase-2), 18-20 April 2013 at Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab.
- Workshop cum training programme English to Indian Languages Machine Translation (EILMT) held at NEHU Guest House Guwahati on 16 March 2013, Organised by EILMT Department of Linguistics, NEHU.
- Workshop on Translation and Hands on Computer, 1-2 March 2013 held at Gujurat University Ahmedabad.
- Workshop -Training on HTK Tool-Kit for Building Speech Data, (LDC-IL, CIIL), 4 - 6 December, 2012.
- Participated in workshop on “Tone and Intonation: Theory, Typology and Computation (WTI 2012)” at IIT Guwahati.
- Participated and delivered lecture on Corpus and POS issues Discussion in Bodo on 10 day orientation cum training programme on Natural Language Processing from 31st January- 10th February, 2012, held at CSIT Gauhati University, Assam Organized by LDC-IL, CIIL, Mysore.
- Participated and delivered lecture on corpus and speech in the workshop on “An introduction to Natural Language Processing” held at Tezpur University, Assam Organized by LDC-IL, CIIL, Mysore 2011.
- Participated and delivered lecture on Speech in the workshop on “An introduction to Natural Language Processing” held on February 4th to 9th, 2010 at Dibrugar University,) Assam Organized by LDC-IL, CIIL, Mysore.
- Participated in Knowledge Sharing Events on Morphological Analyzers & Generators creation of Multilingual Dictionary and Part-of-Speech Tagging from 22-26 March, 2010 (LDC-IL), CIIL, Mysore.
- Participated and delivered lecture on corpus in the workshop on “An introduction to Natural Language Processing” from November 9th to 13th, 2009 held at Guwahati University, Guwahati Organized by LDC-IL, CIIL, Mysore.
- Participated in the “National Seminar on Contemporary Bodo Poetry” organized by the Department of Bodo, Gauhati University, Assam in collaboration with the Sahitya Akademi, Kolkata (25th&26th Feb.2009).
- Participated in the “4th State Level Seminar on Bodo Language and Culture” organized by Bodo Department Teachers’ Association. Hosted by Department of Bodo, Tangla College, Tangla (14th October-2007).
Field Work Experiences:
- Field work on Linguistic Data Consortium for Indian Languages (LDC-IL) Speech Data Collection (150 Speakers) in Assam(2009).
- Field work on Linguistic Data Consortium for Indian Languages (LDC-IL) Speech Data Collection (133 Speakers) in Assam(2010).
- Field work on Text Corpus collection in Assam (2010).
- Field work on News Text Corpus Collection in Assam(2011).
- Field work on Text Corpus collection in Assam (2012)
- 2012. Co-ordinator, Speech Workshop: Recording for Bodo Pronunciation Dictionary at LDC-IL, CIIL, Mysore.
- 2011. Member. Co-ordinating and volunteering at SALA 29 held in CIIL, Mysore, India.