- Bachelor’s Degree: B. Sc. Biotechnology, Microbiology and Chemistry (Bangalore University)
- Master’s Degree: M. Sc. Biotechnology (Bangalore University)
- Other: SLET-NER 2015
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences: Genetic diversity of Joha rice (Oryza sativa L.) varieties in the Upper Brahmaputra valley, Assam
- 5 years as Research Fellow in DBT sponsored - Institutional Level Biotech HUB, Pragjyotish College
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
- Molecular Biotechnology
Conference Poster/Abstract/Oral Presentation:
- P. Saikia*, B. Neog, D. Baruah, N. Gogoi and A. Gogoi. “Characterization of fifteen varieties of aromatic rice of Upper Brahmaputra Valley, Assam on PPV and FRA guidelines”. International Conference on Recent Advances in Animal Sciences-2019 held on 6th-8th November 2019, at Pachhunga University College, Aizawl, India
- P. Saikia*and B. Neog. "Morphological Variation Among Fifteen Varieties of Joha Rice of Upper Brahmaputra Valley, Assam". National Seminar on Trends in Biological Sciences and Sustainable Development, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh. 5th-6th February, 2020
Industrial Training Program:
- “Augmentation of Technical Competence in North-East India for Large Scale Propagation of Disease Free Tissue Cultured Plants” TERI, New Delhi, 2015 from 1st of December 2015 to 15th of December 2015
- “Hands on training in basic techniques in genomics and proteomics” at Department of Biotechnology, St. Edmud’s College, Shillong from 20th to 26th of September 2016.
- “Industrial Training on Wastewater Management” Pranava Environmental Management System, IHMA, Bangalore, from 1st of February 2009 to 31st of March 2009.
- Intensive practical training on “Animal Cell Culture” organized by Sri Raghavendra Biotechnologies Pvt. Ltd. from 18th August 2010 to 24th August 2010