- Bachelor’s Degree: Govt. Science College, Jorhat, Dibrugarh University.
- Master’s Degree: Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi.
- Ph.D.: Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE-2010.
- Junior Research Fellowship by the CSIR-UGC, Govt. of India, New Delhi in 2010.
- Senior Research Fellowship by the CSIR-UGC, Govt. of India, New Delhi in 2013.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi; July 2015 – February 2018.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Dibrugarh University, 07.02.2018 – onwards.
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Material chemistry: Synthetic nano chemistry, morphology controlled synthesis of various metal oxide nanoparticles, nanocatalyst for industrially important organic transformations, effect of various shapes of nanoparticles, metal oxide based hybrid nanocrystals (HNCs).
- Nano materials for catalysis and energy applications: supercapacitor materials, electrocatalytic methanol oxidation, water splitting reactions for evolution of hydrogen (HER) and oxygen (OER).
- Instrumentation: Advanced electron microscope techniques including atomic resolution TEM (HRTEM, dark and bright field), High angle annular dark field imaging and scanning transmission electron microscopy (HAADF-STEM), Selected area electron diffraction (SAED), Energy Dispersive X-Ray Analysis (TEM-EDX, SEM-EDX), Field emission scanning electron microscopy (FESEM), Powder X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Raman spectroscopy, UV-vis spectroscopy, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR), Thermal Analysis (TGA/DSC, TGA/DTA), NMR, Surface area and pore size analyser (BET), GC, HPLC, Glove box, Cyclic voltammetry (CV)
Awards and Achievements:
- International Travel Award from SERB-DST, Govt. of lndia for delivering a lecture at American Chemical Society Fall 2019 National Meeting & Exposition, 25-29 Aug 2019, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Best Research Award in DAE-BRNS 4th Interdisciplinary Symposium on Material Chemistry (ISMC-2012), Bhaba Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, India, 11-15 December, 2012.
- Best paper Award in Indo-German Workshop on New Perspectives for Nano-Carriers in Biomedical, Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, India, 14 January, 2013.
- Best Poster Award by SciFinder in National conference on "New Advances and Horizons in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology" (NanoSci-2014), Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST, DST), Guwahati, India, 20-21 December, 2014.
- Best poster award in National Symposium on Recent Trends in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, University of Delhi, India, 15-16 October, 2012
- International Travel Award from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) (A Statutory body under Department of Science & Technology, Government of lndia) for attending a conference named “International Conference on Nanotechnology, Nanomaterials & Thin Films for Energy Applications (NANOENERGY-2014)” held in University College London, UK, during 19-21 Feb 2014.
- Paper selected for presentation in the top 100 category and recommended for 'Top 100 Free Registration Initiative' at International conference on Nano Science and Technology (ICONSAT-2014), Chandigarh, India.
- Best Project award in inter school Science Exhibition cum Competition (in POWER MANAGEMENT section), held at Sibsagar Govt. H.S. & M.P. School, Assam, on 22nd and 23rd Oct, 2003. Worked Project on ‘‘Automatic Traffic Signal System by Solar Energy”.
- Basudeb Saha, Sasanka Deka, Dinesh Gupta and Kalyanjyoti Deori, “A Process for Producing Aromatic Carboxylic Acids by Oxidation of Methyl Arenes”, Indian Patent Application No. 1346/DEL/2013 dated 7th May 2013, Publication Date: 12/12/2014.
- Member in Department Seminar Committee in K.M. College, University of Delhi during 2015-2017.
- Member in Admission Committee in K.M. College, University of Delhi, during 2016-2017.
Member of Professional Bodies:
- Annual member of American Chemical Society (ACS). Membership ID: 30785753.
- Associate member, Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) London (AMRSC). Membership No: 546163.
- Life member of ‘The Indian science congress association’ (ISCA).
- Life member of Indian society of analytical scientists.
- Member of National Children’s Science Congress- 1999-2000.
- Member national cadet corps (NCC India)- 2004-2007.
Editorial Board Member:
- International Journal of Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
- Nano Research and Applications
- International Academy of Arts, Science & Technology
- Delivered a lecture on Chemistry & Water @ American Chemical Society Fall 2019 National Meeting & Exposition, 25-29 Aug 2019, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Gave an Invited Talk @ Third International Conference on Advanced Materials (ICAM 2019), 9-11 Aug 2019, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- As Resource person- Deliver lectures in colleges and schools (Career Counselling, motivational).
- Invited talk in National Conferences.
- Professor Amarnath Maitra memorial lecture on "Design of new oxide nanoparticles for breakthrough in catalysis applications" at Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, India, held on 14th of February, 2015.
- National Science Day lecture on the theme “Fostering Scientific Temper” organized by the Haridwar Chapter of the Indian Science Congress Association on 28th of February 2014 at Arya P. G. College, Panipat, Haryana, India.
- Feb 2016: Organizing member of the national conference, ETFC-2016 (1st National Conference on “Emerging Trends and Future Challenges in Chemical Sciences” ) organized by Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College on 3-4 February, 2016 at University of Delhi.
- Involved in various societies/committees of co-curricular activities as well as north-east society in Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, during 2015–2018.
- Member of Delhi University Teacher’s Association (DUTA) 2015–2018.
- Member of Dibrugarh University Teacher’s Association (DUTA) 2018–onwards.
- Reviewer of International journals (ChemSusChem (Wiley Journal), ChemCatChem (Wiley Journal), RSC Journal etc.)