- B. Sc. : Gargaon College, Dibrugarh University, 2002
- M.Sc. : Gauhati University, Guwahati, 2004
- Ph.D. : Tezpur University, 2011
- Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry, Gargaon College, August 2005 – January 2007
- Teaching Assistance, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Spring Semester, 2008
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Gargaon College, January 2012-Jun 2016
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Dibrugarh University, India, Jun 2016 – onward .
Areas of Interest/ Specialization
- Multifaceted polymeric nanocomposites
- Graphene chemistry
- Nanochemistry (Synthetic nano chemistry, nanomaterials for sensors, catalysis, supercatitors, etc.)
- Water treatment
- “Study on electrical and electrochemical behaviour of graphite and graphene oxide filled polyaniline composites.” funded by UGC-NERO, Govt. of India. Period: 2014 – 2015
- “Synthesis of Expanded Graphite and Graphene Oxide filled conducting Polymer composite and their application as Supercapacitor and Chemical Sensing Materials” funded by DST, New Delhi, Govt. of India, Period: 2014 - 2017
- ‘International Travel Grant’ awarded by DST and CSIR to attend 2nd International Symposium Frontiers in Polymer Science (POLY-2011), Centre de Congress, Lyon, France, May, 29-31, 2011.
- ‘Best Paper Award’ (first prize) in 3rd International Symposium on Material Chemistry (ISMC-2010), Society for Material Chemistry, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India, December 7-11, 2010.
- Carbon filled pi – conjugated polymers: A study on their synthesis, characterization and application”; S. Konwer and Swapan K. Dolui, 2012; LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG Heinrich-Böcking-Str.6-8, 66121, Saarbrücken, Germany, (ISBN - 978-3-8484-2214-2)
- “Material Science and Nanomaterials: Recent advances and applications”; Editors: S. Konwer and A. Gogoi, 2014, Global Publishing House (India), Door No. 13-1-1, Vinneshwara Enclave, Visakhapattanam- 2, AP, (India), (ISBN – 978-93-81563-65-6)
- ‘Graphene- the Wonder material of the 21st Century’, S Konwer, and S Bordoloi, 2019, Open Science: A Compilation of Science Articles published by Prime Enterprise Publication, ISBN:978-81-937874-6-5
- ‘Studies on influence of expanded graphite nanosheets on the electrical properties of polyaniline nanocomposite’; S. Konwer; “Material Science and Nanomaterials: Recent advances and applications”; 2014, Global Publishing House (India); ISBN – 978-93-81563-65-6
- Chairperson, DMC (2020-2022), Department of Chemistry, Dibrugarh University
- Member, Board of Studies (BOS) in Chemistry, Dibrugarh University
- Member, DUTA, Dibrugarh University
- Presiding Officer: Panchayat Election, Legislative Assembly Election and Parliamentary Election.
- Resource Person - Schools, Colleges, Universities and IITs
- Reviewer - International journals
- Joint Convener: National Lecture Workshop on Role of Chemistry on Interdisciplinary Research” October, 2019, Department of Chemistry, Dibrugarh University
- Co-Convener: International Conference on "Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences" (ETCS) February, 2018. Department of Chemistry, Dibrugarh University.
- Life member:
- Society for Material Chemistry, Mumbai/1229/2008/GBBSD, India (LM 466)
- Indian Institute of Material Engineers, India, (LM -1086).
- Indian Science Congress Association, India, ( L27351).
- Society for Polymer Science, India (613)