Designation: Professor & Head
Chairperson: Centre For Social Work Studies
Specialization: Social and Cultural Anthropology"
Area of Interest:
- Emerging trend in Ethnicity, Identity consciousness, Culture studies, Youth behaviour, Intellactual Property Rights and Displacement studies etc.
Ph.D Awarded :
- Phatick Ch. Baruah, 2003 :Customary Laws Among the Mishings
- Farhin Ara Rohman, 2008 : Folk Narratives and Social Reality : A Case Study of the Karbis of Assam
- Sunil Kr. Borgohain, 2008 :Social and Political Status of the Morans
- Bhanu Pangging, 2013 : Neo-Vaisnavism and the Mishings of Majuli Island : A Study on Continuity and Change
- Sunanda Sahu, 2015 : Gender Performance Among the Kaibartta Community : A Case study from Upper Assam.
- Deepali Das Saikia, 2015 : Child care and Nutritional Status : A Bio-Social study among the Nepali Kshattriyas of Sonitpur District, Assam.
- Mondira Baruah, 2018 UGC-JRF : Cultural Ecology of a Flood Prone Area : A Case study of Three Village Communities, viz., Ahom, Chutiya. and Mishing of Chamarajan Area in Dhemaji District.
- Chusmita Konwar, 2018 UGC-JRF : Impact of Flood on Socio-economic Life of the People : A Case Study in Dhokuwakhana Sub-division of Lakhimpur District, Assam.
- Purabi Saikia, 2018 UGC-JRF : Land Alienation due to Establishment of BCPL Project and its Impact on Socio-economic Life : A Case Study in Barbarua Development Block, Dibrugarh
- Dipa Patir, 2019: Traditional Coping and Indigenous Adaptation Strategies Employed during Flood by the Mishing Population in Dhemaji District of Assam.
- Anup Hazarika, 2019: An Anthropological Impact Assessment of Flood : A Case Study od Dhemaji development Block
- Naba Kumar Pegu, 2019 : The Mising Textile:Building a case for Intellectual Property right
Doctoral Fellows :
- Somnath Sonowal
- Lieyepe Therie
- Anand Sharma
- Bikimoni Gogoi
- Dipawali Kurmi
- Nirupam Raj Khanikar
- INDIAN ANTHROPOLOGICAL SOCIETY
- INDIAN NATIONAL CONFEDERATION AND ACADEMY OF ANTHROPOLOGISTS (INCAA)
- NORTH-EAST INDIA COUNCIL FOR SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH (NEICSSR)
- INSTITUTE OF TAI STUDIES AND RESEARCH (ITSR, MORAN)