Name: Mr Ujjal Saikia
Email: [email protected]
Contact: 9864479965 / 7002530813
Corresponding Address: Centre for Computer Science and Applications, Dibrugarh University, Assam, PIN: 786004
- Bachelor’s Degree:B.Sc. (Statistics)
- Master’s Degrees:Master of Computer Application (MCA), M.Sc. in Statistics
- Pursuing Ph.D. (Abstract submitted successfully)
- More than 12 years of teaching experience in Centre for Computer Science and Applications, Dibrugarh University
( AICTE norms of Assistant Professor in MCA)
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
- Data Mining
- Neural Network
- R programming
- Software and Web Applications.
- Regression Analysis
- Statistical Methods and Operations Research
Projects/ Workshops/ Seminars/ Conferences Attended:
- Workshop on Computational Statistics organized by ISRU of ISI, KOLKATA during 23-29 March 2018
- National Level Workshop on BIGDATA organized by Gauhati University in association with KOViD and IEEE Kolkata from 2-6 January 2017
- Orientation Programme for Academic Counsellors organized by IGNOU GHY centre during 21-22 October, 2016.
- Workshop on Patent Search on 23rd November 2015 organized by IPR cell, D.U.
- National workshop on “Data Quality, Predictive Analytics and Business Decision Making” on 13th and 14th March 2015, jointly organized by ISI Kolkata and Kaziranga University.
- Workshop on “Data Mining” organised by ISI Kolkata and DU during 3-7 February, 2014.
- Workshop on “Pattern Recognition and Data Mining” organised by ISI Kolkata and GU during 13-15 March, 2013.
- Spring School Programme on Algorithms for wireless Network organised by ISI Kolkata and CCS, DU during February 8-10, 2012.
- National Seminar on Bio Statistics during February 26-27, 2010 sponsored by UGC and organized by Dept. of statistics, D.U.
- One day workshop on Information literacy and Prevention of Plagiarism on 3rd January 2020 organized by DURSA, Dibrugarh University
- One day event of “A Talk on Big Data Analytics” organized by CCSA,DU in collaboration with IBM India, Kolkata and Convergence System and Service, Guwahati, Assam on 11th April 2017
- Two days Workshop of “Data Analysis using R” organized by CCSA, Dibrugarh University on 24th -25th Oct 2020
- Attended and successfully completed one week Faculty Development programme on Moodle Learning Management by Spoken Tutorial IIT Bombay during 9th to 16th December 2020.
- Two day capacity building Program on “Drug Demand Reduction” organized by IQAC, Dibrugarh University sponsored by NISD and MSJE, Govt. of India.
Administrative & Academic Assignments:
- Academic Counsellor of MCA/BCA programme under IGNOU, Dibrugarh University Study Centre.
- Mentor, PGDCA course at Centre for Computer Science and Applications
- Assistant Coordinator of Junior Software Developer programme in CCSDU under AICTE-PMKVY
- Web Admin of www.ccsdu.in
- Member/Observer for the MCAT, DU
Resource Persons in Seminar, FDP, Talks and Training:
- Delivered a talk in a three-days "Workshop on LaTeX" organized by the Centre for Computer Studies, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh held from 4th - 6th January, 2016.
- Delivered a talk in a two-days’ workshop of Digital Security on "Security in Mobile Devices" organized by the Centre for Computer Studies, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh held during 27-28th October, 2017.
- Delivered a talk on the topic “Software Development Methodologies” in a Training programme in the department of Computer Application at Jorhat Engineering College under Assam State Urban Livelihood mission
- Delivered talk in the workshop on "Basics of Software Development" organized by Department of Statistics, Dibrugarh University under UGC SAP (DRS - II) held from 29th to 30th March, 2016
- Delivered a presentation as a resource person for AICTE-ATAL- FDP organized by Jorhat Engineering College on 09/02/2021 on the topic 'Basics of Natural Language Processing.
- Delivered a Talk on "Basics of Cloud Computing" during the National Webinar organized by Department of BCA/PGDCA, Sibsagar Commerce College,Assam on 23rd August 2020
- A Special talk on "Use of Internet and Social Media in Vigilance Awareness" Vigilance Awareness programme organized by Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports as Dibrugarh University's NCTE mandate at on 02.11.2020
- Delivered lecture as a trainer in "Computer Literacy" in the Office Assistant training programme of D.U. in the year 2015.
- Life membership of Assam Academy of Mathematics.
- Member of Technology innovation and Incubation Committee, Dibrugarh University
- Member of the Committee for Digital literacy Cell, Dibrugarh University.
- Member of the Committee for Email Policy of Student, Dibrugarh University.
- Convenor Feedback Committee of Employees, Alumni’s, Teachers under IQAC DU
- Technical Coordinator for implementation of SWAYAM course 2021 at Dibrugarh University
- Completed Green Belt course on Six Sigma Methodology under SQC and OR unit of ISI, Bangalore.
- Awarded Certificate of appreciation from IIT, GHY for Google’s CS4HS Award Program of one day workshop on “Outcome based learning for Introduction to Computing” on 27/2/2016 in CCS, D.U.
- Teacher In-charge of Social Service Activity of DUPGSU 2016-17.
- Warden, Boys Hostel for Professional courses, Dibrugarh University.
- Act as the President of the Annual Techno-Cultural event "Anajori" of CCSA, Dibrugarh University during the ninth edition 2016-17
- Assigned as a Part Time Faculty in the Department of Petroleum Engineering, Department of Pharmaceutical Science, and Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports and DUIET during the years of service.