Academic Qualifications :
- B. Sc. (Physics) : 1992, North Lakhimpur College, Dibrugarh University
- M. Sc. (Physics) : 1994, Gauhati University
- M. Phil. (Environmental Science) : 2000, Gauhati University
- Ph. D. (Astroparticle Physics) : 2007, Gauhati University
- Cleared the UGC-CSIR NET for Lectureship (LS) in July 2001
- Selected as a Visiting Associate of the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics
(IUCAA) for periods of August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2019 and August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2022.
Professional Experience :
- Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Dibrugarh University (July 2019 - Present)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Dibrugarh University (April 2009 - July 2019)
- Visiting Fellow (Post Doctoral Fellow), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai (April 2007 – April 2009)
- Lecturer, Department of Physics, Sibsagar College, Dibrugarh University (November 2006 - March 2007)
- Lecturer, Department of Physics, D. R. College, Dibrugarh University (November 2004 - October 2006)
- Lecturer, Central Institute of Himalayan Culture Studies, Dahung, Arunachal Pradesh, India (December 2003 - September 2004)
- Lecturer, Department of Physics, Udalguri College, Gauhati University (August 1995 - September 1999)
Areas of Interest / Specialization :
- Astronomy; Astrophysics; Cosmology; Astroparticle Physics; Theoretical Physics.
Major Events Organized :
- National Conference on Current Issues in Cosmology, Astrophysics and High Energy Physics (CICAHEP), November 2-5, 2015.
- National Workshop on Gravitational Wave Astronomy (NWGWA), in collaboration with the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, November 2-4, 2016.
Research Scholars :
Dr. Gouree Shankar Das (Gamma-ray Astronomy; Ph.D. awarded : April, 2019; Thesis title : A study on few Sensitive Parameters for the Effective Gamma-Hadron Separation in Gamma-Ray Experiments)
Dr. Poppy Hazarika (Gamma-ray Astronomy; Ph.D. awarded : April, 2020; Thesis title : A study on Cherenkov photons in Extensive Air Showers and an analysis of the HAGAR telescope data for TeV Gamma-rays emission from few astrophysical sources)
Dr. Saumen Acharjee (Superconductivity and magnetic materials; Ph.D. awarded: August, 2020; Thesis title : A study on Ferromagnet-Superconductor Heterostructure with special application to F|S|F Spin Valves)
Dhruba Jyoti Gogoi (Gravitational Wave Physics; On-going)
Jyatsnasree Bora (Gravitational Wave Asteroseismology; On-going)
Nashiba Parbin (Dark Matter; On-going)
ORCID Link : http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0012-7549