- Bachelor’s Degree: 2007, Miranda House, University of Delhi
- Master’s Degree: 2009, Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
- Ph.D.: 2015, Department of Sociology, Dibrugarh University. Topic of the Thesis: “Sexual Harassment of Women: A Sociological Study of Girl Students in Colleges of Sivasagar District of Assam”
- Assistant Professor, Departmant of Sociology, Dibrugarh University. Joining Date: 21st February 2011.
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
- Sociological Theories, Sociology of Gender, Urban Sociology
- Urban Sociology, Sociology of Gender, Sociology of Education
- Fieldwork in a Delhi senior secondary school for four months and paper presentation on the basis of the field notes and questionnaire. 2008-2009. The project was under the University of Delhi.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored 105th four week orientation Programme organized by the UGC –ASC, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi from 15th July to 14th August, 2013 and obtained grade A
- Participated in the UGC sponsored refresher course organized by the UGC-ASC, Jawaharlal Nehru University, new Delhi from 22nd September 2014 to 17th October 2014 and obtained grade A.
- Cleared National Eligibility Test with Junior Research Fellowship under the norms of University Grants Commission, 2010
- Received national scholarship for Center of advance Studies for pursuing M.A. under the University of Delhi. 2007 – 2009
- Participated in the organization of the International Dialogue on Citizenship Education: Pedagogy, Process, Practice, February 2009 and attended the concluding talk by His Holiness The Dalai Lama.
- Attended the Delhi International Ethnographic Film festival, November 2008.
- Attended The Ninth D.T. Lakhdawala Memorial Lecture by Prof. Anthony Giddens on “The nation- state in the global age” presided by Hon’ble Vice-President of India, Shri M. Hamid Ansari. Organized by the Institute of Social Sciences. 27/10/07
- Active member of the college National Service Scheme Society of Miranda House, 2004.
- Active participation in managing college and departmental events
- Member of various Departmental and University Committees
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the Centre for NET Coaching for SC/ST and Minorities Students under Dibrugarh University
- Life Member of the Indian Sociological Society, Membership no. LMI-3198
- Worked as a counselor in the counseling programmes held for Previous and Final Year Students in Sociology under the Directorate of Distance Education, Dibrugarh University for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 sessions.
- Participated as a Resource Person in developing Multi Media Learning Materials for Programmes Under the Directorate of Distance Education, Dibrugarh University.