- Master‚Äôs Degree: M.Sc. (Geology)
- Ph. D.:¬†Ph. D. in Petroleum Technology
- Other: Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Technology (Exploration & Production)
- Industrial experiences: A total of six years (approximately) industrial experiences in Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. as Reservoir Engineer and Assistant Director (Reservoir)
- Teaching experiences: Thirty two years (approx) postgraduate teaching experiences in reservoir engineering in the Department of Petroleum Technology, Dibrugarh University.
Research area of interests-¬†
Specialization: Geology & Reservoir Engineering.
Area of Interest: Petroleum geology, Reservoir Engineering & Production Engineering
Completed two major research projects in consultation with oil industry (OIL & ONGC) under TIFAC-CORE, Department of Science & Technology, New-Delhi, namely‚Äď
- Core floods studies of the major reservoir rocks of Upper Assam Basin for estimation of residual oil saturation.
- Analysis of available thermodynamic data of crude oil samples of UpperAssam Basin (OIL, ONGC) to establish a suitable co-relation.
|Dr. Mehboob Ahmed Chowdhury |
¬†Deptt of Petroleum Technology. D.U.
Scope of Implementation of IOR Techniques Based on Core Flood Studies with Emphasis on the Determination of ROS for a part of Lakwa and Geleki Oilfields of Upper Assam Basin.
|Dr. Rakesh Kumar Vij |
Feasibility Studies of Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery Technology Application in a part of Oil Fields of Upper Assam.
Dr. Nayan Medhi
Deptt of Petroleum, D.U.
A Study on Water Flooding with Special References to Low¬†¬† Salinity Water flooding and its Role for Improving Oil Recovery in a Part of Geleki Oil field of Upper Assam Basin
Ms. Chayanika Borah,
Deptt of Petroleum, D.U.
A Study on Reservoir Rock Characterization of the Bhuban Formation in the Tichna structure of Tripura Area
|Mr. Ajoy Lal Dutta |
A Study on Production Optimization Based on Integrated Production Modelling for Heera Field
Ms. Angana Dutta Borah, ONGCL
Integrated Geoscientific Study of Sylhet Limestone Formation from Parts of Dhansiri Valley, South Assam Shelf, North East India
Mr. Bhaskar Jyoti¬† Saikia
Deptt of Petroleum, D.U.
A Study on Smart Water Flooding and It‚Äôs Effect on Improving Oil Recovery Efficiency In a Part of Nahorkotia Oil Field of Upper Assam Basin, India
|Mr. Prasun Banik |
Deptt of Petroleum, D.U.
A Study on the Potentiality of Coal Bed Methane in Parts of Makum Coal Field in Upper Assam
Oil India Limited
Feasibility of the application of Chemical Consolidation Method for controlling Sand Production in Greater Hapjan Oil Field of Upper Assam Basin
|Mr. Rana Saikia |
Feasibility Study of Produced Water Reinjection for Pressure Maintenance in Bhogpara Oil Field of Upper Assam Basin
- Supervised more than fifty no. of postgraduate Diploma / M.Tech dissertations on various industry oriented topics.
ACHIEVEMENTS/ACADEMIC DISTINCTIONS (e.g., prize, medal, awards etc):
- Established a Centre of Excellence (CORE) in Clastic Petroleum Reservoir Engineering in¬† Dibrugarh University under Mission REACH. (Relevance & Excellence in Achieving New Heights in Educational Institutions), TIFAC (Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council), under Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. On 26th November 2000 Bharat Ratna Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam (former President of India) inaugurated the centre in the University. ONGC is the industry partner of this centre. Vision of the CORE is to achieve academic excellence and become one of the world leaders in clastic Petroleum Reservoir Engineering. I am the co-ordinator of this project & Mr. M. A Choudhury is the Asstt-cordinator of this project. Details given in another sheet.
- Received Prof. J.S.R. Krishna Rao, Dr. R. Dhana Raju, medal for the best paper published in the ‚ÄúJournal of Applied Geochemistry‚ÄĚ (ISAG) for the year 2007.
- Established world class core analysis laboratory in the Deptt which is unique among the academic institution of the country. ¬†
- Received Certificate after successful completion of the seminar on ‚ÄúApplication of Wireline Techniques‚ÄĚ organised by Gearhart industries, Inc., Forthworth, Texas,
- Awarded a certificate from CORE lab, Houston, USA, after successfully completion of a training¬† in determination of permeability and relative permeability PREL-300.
- Awarded Associate membership of International congress of Chemistry & Environment (A.I.C.C.E.).
- The Board of Directors, Governing Board of Editors and publications Board of the American Biographical institute has chosen me for distinguished standing and conferred with an honorary appointment to the professional Women's Advisory Board.
- Honorary fellow and member of Geological Association and Research Centre, based at Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh.
- Awarded a certificate from Administrative Staff College of India, Bella Vista: Hyderabad after successfully completion of a training program on management of Industry-Academia linkages for academicians/Scientists, November 17-21, 2008.
Attended and Organised a number of both nationl and international Short-term course/workshop/seminars Meet etc; and act as resource person/ chairing session etc. Developed a very good industry academia linkaga. Organised two international short term course for both the industry and¬† academia.
A) Organised International Short-term course
- Organised three days International Short-term course on ‚ÄúSand Control‚ÄĚ from 10th January to 12th January 2005. The faculties were expert from Dagang Oil field Group, China from Jay Bee Energy(P) Ltd. Participents are both from Industry And Academia.
- Organised¬† four days short term course on ‚ÄúReservoir Optimisation‚Äď use of innovative drilling¬† fluid FLC2000‚ÄĚ from 2nd to 5th March 2005. The faculties were Dr. Helio Santos, President, Impact Engineering Solutions, UK. Dr. Paul Reid, Vice- president(Technology), Impact .S and Mr. Franck labenski, America's Region Manager, Impact E.S. Participents are both from Industry And Academia.
B) Organised National¬† workshop/ seminar
- A national level workshop on ‚ÄúOffshore Drilling‚ÄĚ was organised under TIFAC-CORE in the Department of Petroleum Technology, Dibrugarh University on 26th February 2004.
- A national level seminar on ‚ÄúPetroleum Reservoir Management‚ÄĚ was organised under TIFAC-CORE in the Department of Petroleum Technology, Dibrugarh University on 12th May 2004.
- A national level workshop on ''Oil and Gas¬† prospects in NE India and its role in economic development of the region'' was organised on June 10, 2005 in association with the POGL Institute for Petroleum and Energy Development Guwahati, at the Institute of Engineers (India) building at Guwahati for in the Department of Petroleum Technology,
- On 22nd April 2013, organized¬† one day workshop on ‚ÄúExploration & Production Techniques‚ÄĚ¬† under the banner SPE Dibrugarh University Student Chapter.
- Organised Workshop On ‚ÄúWater (low saline) & Gas Injection for Improved Oil Recovery¬† in Oilfields of Upper Assam Basin‚ÄĚ on 23rd and 24th March 2012.
- Organised TIFAC- CORE Meet (TCM-2006) This meet is a grand opportunity for all students and teachers of Dibrugarh University to have a glimpse of the activities of different institutions spread all over India and to meet high-level and renowned academics, industrialists and government functionaries.
- Organised Inauguration of the ‚ÄúSPE-Dibrugarh University Student Chapter‚ÄĚ on 21st April 2013. This chapter was inaugurated by Mr. P.K. Borthakur, Director-Offshore ONGC,¬† and Section Chairperson, SPE-Mumbai Section.
Chairing a session on a Workshop: Classroom to Field: Chasing the Reality organized by Society of Petroleum Engineers, Northeast India Section, at Nazira, Assam on 13.12.14 ‚Äď 14.12.14.
ATTENDED¬† Short-term course / Training
- Attended a Relative permeability training course organised by Core lab Instruments, Houston, USA.
- Visited Drilling Fluid Laboratory of Impact Solutions Group, UK
- Attended International Short-term course on ‚ÄúSand Control‚ÄĚ from 10th January to 12th January 2005 in¬† Dibrugarh University
- Attended International short term course on ‚ÄúReservoir Optimisation‚Äď use of innovative drilling¬† fluid FLC2000 from 2nd to 5th March 2005. in Dibrugarh University
- Attended an induction training course of six weeks at KDMIPE (Keshave Deba Malviya Institute of Petroleum Exploration), ONGC, Dehradun, on various disciplines of Exploration and Production, such as Management, petroleum Geology, Reservoir Engineering, Drilling, Production and Development from 7/4/80 to 17/5/80 organized by ONGC.
- Attended a course on basic Reservoir Engineering from 223/7/81 to 31/8/81 organized by ONGC at KDMIPE, Dehradun.
- Attended and successfully completed a training program on management of Industry-Academia linkages for academicians/Scientists, from November 17-21, 2008 at Administrative Staff College of India, Bella Vista: Hyderabad.
Attended/workshop/ seminar / Meet etc.
- In April, 1984, attended and successfully completed the seminar presented by Gearhart Industries, Inc., Forthworth, Texas, entitled ‚ÄúGeological Applications on Wireline, Techniques‚ÄĚ at New Delhi.
- Attended an international conference on Disaster Management (ICODIM) at Guwahati, Assam, 23rd April to 26th April 1998.
- Attended Petrotech-2005 the 6th International Oil & Gas conference & Exhibition held in¬† New Delhi.from 17th to 18th January 2005.
- Attended Petrotech-2007, the 7th International Oil & Gas conference & Exhibition¬† held¬† in New Delhi. from 15th¬† to 19th¬† January 2007.made poster presentation of two papers. ¬†
- Attended Petrotech-2009, the 8th¬† International Oil & Gas conference & Exhibition¬† held¬† in New Delhi. from 11th¬† to 15th¬† January 2007.made poster presentation of two papers.¬†¬†¬† ¬†
- Attended Petrotech-2012, the 10th¬† International Oil & Gas conference & Exhibition¬† held¬† in New Delhi in October 2012.
- Attended a seminar on ‚ÄúTechnology trends in Oil Industry‚ÄĚ in 1993, held in KDMIPE, ONGC, Dehradun.
- Attended a seminar on ‚ÄúPrecambrian Crustal Evolution and Metallogenesis‚ÄĚ held in Feb. 1.2.1996, at Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- Attended an national workshop on Geodynamic and natural Resources of North East India held in Dec. 19th -22nd, 1998 at Applied Geology Department, Dibrugarh University.
- Attended a National workshop on ‚ÄúConservation of Hydrocarbons and Use of Non conventional Energy Source‚ÄĚ, in February 1998 at Oil India Limited, Duliajan.
- Attended an National workshop on ‚Äúconservation of Hydrocarbons and use of Alternate Sources of Energy, in February 2001 at Oil India Limited, Duliajan.
- Attended a UGC sponsored seminar-cum workshop on Examination Reform in Higher Education, in March 2001 at Dibrugarh University.
- Attended launching of Technology Vision 2020 Mission Project REACH on 4th October 2000, by TIFAC (Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council) at New Delhi. An MoU was signed between Dibrugarh University and TIFAC¬† for the establishment of CORE (Centre of Relevance of Excellance) at New Delhi.
- Attended the 4th Petroleum Industry R & D Mangers Meet on Industry- Academia Linkage at KD Malviya Institute of petroleum Exploration, ONGC, Dehradun, on April 28-29, 2001.
- Attended and made a presentation at TIFAC-CORE meet organised by Mission REACH TIFAC ( Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council), under Department of Science and Technology, at New-Delhi on 24th and 25th July 2003.
- Attended a national level workshop on ‚ÄúOffshore Drilling‚ÄĚ held under TIFAC-CORE in the Department of Petroleum Technology, Dibrugarh University on 26th February 2004.
- Attended a national level seminar on ‚ÄúPetroleum Reservoir Management‚ÄĚ held under TIFAC-CORE in the Department of Petroleum Technology, Dibrugarh University on 12th May 2004.
- Attended a national level workshop on ‚ÄúOil and Gas prospects in NE India and its role in economic development of the region‚ÄĚ was organised on June 10, 2005 in association with the POGL Institute for Petroleum and Energy Development, Guwahati..
- TCM Meet at Surat Attended and made presentation at TIFAC-CORE Meet at Surat organized by Mission Reach, TIFAC (Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council) under Deptt. of¬† Science and Technology at Surat on 7-9th October 2004.
- TCM Meet at Madurai Attended TIFAC-CORE Meet at Madurai held from 24th to 26th November 2005 and made presentation organized by Mission Reach¬† TIFAC (Technology Information Forecasting and¬† Assessment Council) under department of Science and Technology New Delhi.
- TIFAC- CORE Meet (TCM-2006) Organised this meet.¬† This meet is a grand opportunity for all students and teachers of Dibrugarh University to have a glimpse of the activities of different institutions spread all over India and to meet high-level and renowned academics, industrialists and government functionaries.
- Attended and made a presentation at ‚ÄúTIFAC-CORE Meet-2007‚ÄĚ organised by Manipal Academy, in Mangalore,¬† held from 26th to 28th October 2007.
- Participated in the R&D Round Table seminar organised by ‚ÄúPetrotech Society‚ÄĚ in¬† New Delhi on 20th March 2007.
- The ‚Äú96th Session of Indian Science Congress:‚ÄĚ held in Shillong. 2009
- Elected as a member of Executive Council of Indian Geological Congress, Roorkee for¬†¬† the year 2002-2003
- Nominated as a member of the Training Advisory committee , Regional Training Institute,¬†¬† ONGC, Sibsagar¬†¬† in the year 2003
- Elected as a member of the Selection Committee of the Earth System Sciences for the year 2009-2010 (97th Session of Indian Science Congress) by Dr. T. Ramasami (General President) of the Indian Science Congress association.
- Appointed as member of the Programme Advisory¬† Committee attached¬† to All India¬†¬†¬† Radio, Dibrugarh Station for a period of two year 1-8-10 to 31-7-12
- Appointed as member of Executive council¬† of Dibrugarh University for a Period of One¬†¬† and¬† half year July 2011 to May 2013 .
- Appointed as Expert member for R&D Project of Oil India Limited, Duliajan in 2012 -14. ¬†
- Reviewer of¬† National / International Journals.
- Editorial board member¬† of Journal of Petroleum Engineering and Technology
Association with learned societies:
- Life member of Indian Science Congress Association
- Life member of Indian Geological Congress
- Life member of Indian Association of Sedimentologists.
- Life member and Honorary Fellow of Geological Association and Research Centre¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† .
- Life member of Indian Society of Applied Geo-chemists, Hydarabad
- Member of Society for Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Associate member of International congress of Chemistry &¬†¬† Environment (A.I.C.C.E)¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
- Member of ‚ÄúPetrotech Society‚ÄĚ, New Delhi
- Life member of ASCI Association (Administrative Staff College of India,) Hyderabad.