Ph. D., Mathematics, Dibrugarh University, India.
Thesis Title: Study on Some Graph Theoretical Aspects of Traffic Control Problems.
Supervisor: Prof. A. K. Baruah.
M. Sc., in Mathematics & Computing
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India.
B. Sc., in Mathematics (Best Graduate)
J. B. College (Autonomous), Assam, India.
Awards/ Fellowships/Other qualifications
- NET-JRF in June 2008
- GATE in Feb 2008
- JAM in 2005
Associate Professor & HOD
Areas of Interest
Chemical Graph Theory, Complex Networks
- Member, Academic Council, Dibrugarh University
- Member, Dibrugarh University Court
- Member, Board of Studies in Mathematics, J B College (Autonomous), Jorhat
- Chairperson, DRC in Mathematics, Dibrugarh University
- Chairperson, DMC in Mathematics, Dibrugarh University in 2018
- Member, DMC in Mathematics, Dibrugarh University
|S. No.||Name||Topic||Status||Current Affiliation|
|1||Nijara Konch||A study of degree-based topological Indices in graphs||Awarded||B. Borooah College|
|2||Abhigyan Mahanta||On three degree-based topological Indices of graphs||Awarded||D. K. D College|
|3||Jibonjyoti Buragohain||A study on RandiÄ‡ index and Zagreb indices of graphs||Awarded||Pragjyotish College|
|4||Budheswar Deka||Generalization of two topological indices and chemical graphs||Awarded||D. D. R. College|
|5||Idweep Jyoti Gogoi||A Study on certain spectra of graphs||Completed||-|
|6||Aditya Pegu||First Hyper Zagreb index and some generalization of Topological indices||Completed||
An investigation of Airport network of India: A Complex network approach
|2||Amitav Doley||A study on topological indices of graphs||Thesis Submitted||D. H. S. K. College|
|3||Abhigyan Mahanta||Spectral properties of some degree-based topological indices of graphs||Ongoing (June 2019)||D. K. D. College|
|4||Jibonjyoti Buragohain||Generalization and modification of some topological indices of graphs and their applications||Ongoing (June 2019)||Pragjyotish College|
|5||Nijara Konch||A Study on Aα-spectra of Graphs
||Ongoing (March 2021)||B. Borooah College|
- Delivered a talk on ''Some Results Related to Inverse Sum Indeg Index of Graphs" in 7th IFS and Comtemporary Mathematics, held in Turkey during May 25-29, 2021
- Invited to deliver a talk in TEQIP workshop on Mathematics and its Applications in Engineering & Technology, organized by Vinoba Bhabe University, Jharkhand during February 22-24, 2021.
- Invited to deliver a talk in the workshop on Domination Theory and Topological Indices, organized by Mangalore University during February 4-6, 2021.
- Invited to deliver a talk in the International Conference on recent trends in Graph Theory, organized by Karnatak University during July 27-29, 2020.
- Invited to deliver a talk in the national workshop on Analysis and Linear Algebra, organized by DHSK College, Assam during July 23-24, 2020.
- Invited to deliver a talk on "Network criticality and a novel measure of functionality of network" in the International Webinar on Recent Trends in Pure and Applied Mathematics, organized by Raghunathpur College, West Bengal during July 9-11, 2020.
- Invited to deliver a talk on "Data Clustering in Machine Learning: An Introduction" in workshop on "Data Analysis with R" organized by Centre for Computer Science and Applications, DU on 25 October, 2019.
- Invited to deliver a talk on "Linear Algebra and its Applications in Engineering Sciences" in TEQIP STC organized by DUIET, Dibrugarh University during 12-16 August, 2019.
- Participated in TEQIP STC on “Scientific Computing and Industrial Problems” organized by IIT Kharagpur during 19-23 November, 2018.
- Invited to deliver lectures on "Linear Algebra" in the "Orientation Program for NET" organized by Department of Mathematics, Gauhati University on 17 February, 2018.
- Invited to deliver a talk on “Geometric approach to linear algebra” organized by Kakojan College, Jorhat on 26 August, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “Eigenvector centrality and network criticality in analysis of robustness and reliability for road traffic networks” in 9th IMA International conference on Modelling in industrial maintenance and reliability (MIMAR) at Imperial College London during July 12-14, 2016. (sponsored by DST under ITS)
- Participated in a workshop on “Development of self-learning materials” organized by Distance and Open Learning, DU during June 15-21, 2015.
- Presented a paper entitled “On eigenvector centrality as a measure of compatibility of a traffic intersection” in International seminar on Game theory and its applications to Social and Economic networks, organised by Department of Mathematics, Dibrugarh University during December 10-12, 2014.
- Invited to deliver a talk on “Mathematical computation using MATLAB” organised by J.B. College, Jorhat on 28 Jan, 2014.
- Presented a paper entitled “On robustness of traffic networks” in RTMA-2013 organised by Digboi College during October 7-8, 2013.
- Participated in a workshop on “Development of self-learning materials” organised by Distance and Open Learning, DU during February 17-23, 2013.
- Presented a paper entitled “A measurement of compatibility of a traffic intersection” in NSMA organised by Dept. of Mathematics, Burdwan University during March 28-29, 2012.
- Participated in a workshop on “Introduction to graph and geometric algorithms” organised by IIT Guwahati during October 21-23, 2011.
- Acted as a Resource person in “Excursion in mathematics” sponsored by NBHM organised by Assam Academy of Mathematics during July 1-6, 2011.
- Participated in workshop on “Numerical and statistical computation using MATLAB software” organised by Department of Statistics, Dibrugarh university during March 21-25, 2011.
- International Conference on Mathematical Modelling in Applied Sciences during June 28-30, 2020 as Convener.
- Teachers Enrichment Workshop (TEW) on Real Analysis, Algebra and Linear Algebra during Sep 30-Oct 5, 2019. (Sponsored by National Centre for Mathematics) (Jointly with Dr Palash Dutta)
- National Workshop on Network Modelling and Graph Theory during December 14-16, 2017. (Sponsored by UGC)