- Name : SARAT C. KAKATY
- Designation : Professor
- Department : Statistics, Dibrugarh University
- Area of Specialization and Research : Stochastic Processes and Regression theory
- Education Qualification : Ph.D.
- Teaching Experience: 37 years (plus) of P.G. Teaching in Dibrugarh University.
16 years as Professor
Research Experience :
(i) Total number of scholars guided to Ph.D. : 10
(ii) Number of scholars guided to M.Phil. : 05
(iii) Number of scholars pursuing Ph.D.: 06
Other Academic Activities : Served as Resource Person in : Seminars, Workshops and Refresher Courses.
Extension / Collective Activities:
(i) Subject Expert : Members of Board of Studies ( U.G. & P.G. course ) in Gauhati University, NEHU, Rajib Gandhi University and Assam University; Member of Selection Committees of Different colleges under D.U. and RMRC (ICMR), Dibrugarh; Member of Selection Committee of G.U., M.U., NEHU and other institutions. The visiting faculty at Manipur University, Tezpur University.
(ii) Editing of Journal: Served as Editor of Research Journal ‘ Assam Statistical Review’ (from 2000 – 2006).
(iii) Reviewer : Serving as Reviewer of Research articles of several journals of reputation
(iv) Thesis Adjudicator: Serving as a thesis adjudicator (Ph.D. & M.Phil) of several Universities.
10. Member :
- Member of Assam College NAAC Monitoring Committee, Govt. of Assam (from February, 2022)
- August Court Dibrugarh University (Tenure Completed)
- August Executive Council, Dibrugarh University (Tenure Completed)
- August Academic Council, Dibrugarh University.
- August UG Board, Dibrugarh University.
- August Finance Committee, Dibrugarh University (Tenure Completed)
- School Board in Science, NEHU (Tenure Completed)
11. Administrative Position(s) held:
- Served as Director of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Dibrugarh University: From September, 2011 to March, 2017.
- Serving as HoD w.e.f. 23/04/2004 – 23/04/2007, 23/04/2016 – 22/04/2019; Hostel Warden for Nine years.
- Co-ordinator : Post Graduate Diploma in Statistical Techniques and Computation (UGC sponsored project ( Innovative Programme ) [ 2006 onwards ].
- GB President, DDR College, Chabua from 2016-2021
- GB President, Namprup College from 2015-2020
- GB president, Dhemaji College (Continuing from 2021 for five years)
- Dean of Faculty of Science and Engineering, Dibrugarh University from 1st March, 2022 until 3 years is completed
- UGC nominee to GB of Kohima Science College, Jotsama, Nagaland w.e.f. 2020-2021 to 2024-2025.
- UGC nominee to GB of Nowgong College, Nagaon, Assam w.e.f. 2020-2021 to 2024-2025.