PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS
- Gogoi, Dhrubajyoti, Chaliha, A. K., Sarma, Diganta, Kakoti, Bibhuti Bhusan and Buragohain, Alak Kumar (2017): Novel butyrylcholinesterase inhibitors through pharmacophore modeling, virtual screening and DFT-based approaches along-with design of bioisosterism-based analogues, Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, Volume 85, Pages-646-657, ISSN: 0753-3322, Impact Factor 2.326 (Thomson Reuters).
- Gogoi, D., Baruah, V.J., Chaliha, A.K., Kakoti, B.B., Sarma, D. and Buragohain, A.K., 2017. Identification of novel human renin inhibitors through a combined approach of pharmacophore modelling, molecular DFT analysis and in silico screening. Computational Biology and Chemistry, 69, pp.28-40.
- Chaliha, A. K., Gogoi, D., Sarma, D., Chetia, P., Buragohain, A. K. (2015): An in Silico Approach for Identifi cation of Potential Anti-Mycobacterial Targets of Vasicine and Related Chemical Compounds, Combinatorial Chemistry & High Throughput Screening, Bentham Science, 19 (1): 14-24.
- Satapathy, S. S., Powdel, B. R., Buragohain, A. K. and Ray, S. K. (2016): Discrepancy among the synonymous codons with respect to their selection as optimal codon in bacteria, DNA Research, dsw027.
- Das, S., Hussain, N., Gogoi, B., Buragohain, A. K. and Bhattacharya, S. S. (2016): Vermicompost and farm yard manure improves food quality, anti oxidant and anti bacterial potential of Cajanus cajan(L, Mill sp.) leaves. Journal of the science of Food and Agriculture, (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI 10.1002/jsfa.7820.
- Shekhar, Shubhendu, Agrawal, Lalit, Mishra, Divya, Buragohain, Alak Kumar, Unnikrishnan, Mullath, Mohan, Chokkappan, Chakraborty, Subhra and Chakraborty, Niranjan (2016): Ectopic expression of amaranth seed storage albumin modulates photoassimilate transport and nutrient acquisition in sweetpotato, Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 25384 (2016); doi :10.1038/srep25384.
- Shekhar, S., Mishra, D., Gayali, S., Buragohain, A. K., Chakraborty, S. and Chakraborty, N. (2016): Comparison of proteomic and metabolomic profiles of two contrasting ecotypes of sweet potato (Ipomoea batata L.), Journal of Proteomics, 143:306-17, doi: 10.1016/j.jprot.2016.03.028. Epub 2016 Mar 18.
- Dey, Tapan, Dutta, Prachurjya, Manna, Prasenjit, Kalita, Jatin, Deka Boruah, Hari Prasanna, Buragohain, Alak Kumar, Unni, Balagopalan, Ozah, Dibyajyoti, Goswami, Mihir Kumar and Kotokey, Ratan Kumar (2016): Cigarette smoke compounds induce cellular redox imbalance, activate NF-κB, and increase TNF-α/CRP secretion: a possible pathway in the pathogenesis of COPD, Toxicology Research5, no. 3 (2016): 895-904.
- Deka, C., Aidew, L., Devi, N., Buragohain, A. K. and Kakati, D. K. (2016): Synthesis of Curcumin-loaded Chitosan phosphate Nanoparticle and study of its Cytotoxicity and Antimicrobial activity, Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, 27:16, 1659-1673, DOI: 10.1080/09205063.2016.1226051.
- Saikia, Jyoti Prasad, Khatun, Bably, Gogoi, Bhaskarjyoti, Buragohain, Alak Kumar and Nath, Yutika (2016): Vigna mungo Seed Non-Destructive Based Colloidal Silver Nanoparticle Synthesis and Toxicity, Indian Journal of Biology, Volume 3, Number 2, July-December, ISSN: 2394-1391, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21088/ijb.2394.1391.3216.5.
- Saikia, Jyoti Prasad, Saikia, Rajesh, Nath, Yutika, Buragohain, Alak Kumar and Bhaskarjyoti Gogoi (2016): Antibacterial and Toxicity of Dillenia indica L. Based Green Colloidal Silver Nanoparticle (CSNP), Indian Journal of Biology, Volume 3, Number 2, July-December, ISSN: 2394-1391, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21088/ijb.2394.1391.3216.3.
- Gogoi, Dhrubajyoti, Baruah, Vishwa Jyoti, Chaliha, Amrita Kashyap, Kakoti, Bibhuti Bhushan, Sarma, Diganta and Buragohain, Alak Kumar (2016): 3D pharmacophore-based virtual screening, docking and density functional theory approach towards the discovery of novel human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2) inhibitors, Journal of Theoretical Biology, Volume 411, 21 December, Pages 68-80, SCI Impact Factor (2015/16) 2.049.
- Barua, Shaswat; Gogoi, Bhaskarjyoti; Aidew, Lipika; Buragohain, Alak; Chattopadhyay, Pronobesh; Karak, Niranjan, (2015) Sustainable resource based hyperbranched epoxy nanocomposite as an infection resistant, biodegradable, implantable muscle scaffold (Accepted in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering)
- J. Upadhyay, A. Kumar, B. Gogoi, A.K. Buragohain, (2015) Antibacterial and hemolysis activity of polypyrrole nanotubes decorated with silver nanoparticles by an in-situ reduction process. (Accepted in Materials Science and Engineering C)
- Prajapati VK, Satapathy SS, Satish Kumar MV, Buragohain AK, Ray SK. Evidences Indicating the Involvement of Selection Mechanisms forthe Occurrence of C34 Anticodon in Bacteria. J Cell SciMolecul Biol. 2015;2(1): 112.
- Sujata Pramanik, Reji Gopalakrishna, Nilakshi Barua, Alak K Buragohain, Niranjan Karak, (2015) Montmorillonite immobilized Curcuma aromatic/Zanthoxylumlimonella oil nanoconjugate as a green antibacterial and biocompatible material with mosquito repellent attributes. Applied Clay Science, 109–110: 33–38
- Dhaneswar Das, Parag Choudhury, Lakhyajyoti Bortahkur, Bhaskarjyoti Gogoi, Alak Kumar Buragohain and Swapan Kumar Dolui, (2015) Synthesis and characterization of SiO2/polyaniline/Ag core–shell particles and studies of their electrical and hemolytic properties: multifunctional core–shell particles, RSC Adv., 5, 2360-2367
- Shubhendu Shekhar, Divya Mishra, Alak K Buragohain, Subhra Chakraborty, Niranjan Chakraborty, (2015) Comparative analysis for nutrient availability in two contrasting cultivars of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.). Food Chem., 15, 173:957-65.
- Lipika Aidew and Alak K. Buragohain, (2014) Antimicrobacterial and Antioxident activities of the fruit of Trapanatans L. var. Bispinosa reveal its therapeutic potential, Am J PhytomedClinTher 2 (10), 1234-1245
- Bhaskarjyoti Gogoi, Priyajit Chatterjee, Sandip Mukherjee, Alak K Buragohain, Samir Bhattacharya, Suman Dasgupta, (2014) A polyphenol rescues lipid induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle cells and adipocytes, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication,452(3), 382–388.
- T. Borgohain, B. Gogoi, A.K. Buragohain, S. Dasgupta (2014) Protective and curative effect of Scopariadulcis leave extract against free fatty acid induced insulin resistance in rat L6 myotubes. Am J PhytomedClinTher 2(7), 842-854.
- S. Barua, P Chattopadhyay, L Aidew, A K Buragohain, N Karak, (2015) Infection resistant implantable hyperbranched epoxy/ clay-silver nanocomposite, Polymer International, PolymInt,64, 303–311
- K. Bhattacharya, B. Gogoi, A.K. Buragohain, P Deb, (2014) Fe2O3/C nanocomposites having distinctive antioxidant activity and hemolysis prevention activity,Material Science and Engineering C, 42, 595-600.
- Mukul Kalita, Prasanta Gogoi, Pranjit Barman, Bipul Sarma, Alak K. Buragohain, Ranjan D. Kalita, (2014) A new series of Ni(II), Cu(II), Co(II) and Pd(II)complexes with an ONS donor Schiff base: Synthesis, crystal structure, catalytic properties and bioactivities, Polyhedron 74,93- 98.
- J. Upadhyaya, A. Kumar, B. Gogoi, A.K. Buragohain (2014) Biocompatibility and antioxidant activity of polypyrrole nanotubes, Synthetic Metals, 189, 119–125.
- Satapathy, S.S., Powdel, B.R., Dutta, M., Buragohain, A.K. and Ray, S.K. (2014) Constraint on dinucleotides by codon usage bias in bacterial genomes. Gene, 536, 18-28.
- Satapathy, S.S., Powdel, B.R., Dutta, M., Buragohain, A.K. and Ray, S.K. (2014) Selection on GGU and CGU codons in the high expression genes in bacteria.J MolEvol. 78, 13-23.
- S Barua, N Dutta, S Karmakar, P Chattopadhyay, L Aidew, AK Buragohain, N Karak, (2014) Biocompatible high performance hyperbranched epoxy/clay nanocomposite as an implantable material, Biomed. Mater.9 025006 (14pp).
- S Barua, S Thakur, L Aidew, AK Buragohain, P Chattopadhyay, N Karak, One step preparation of a biocompatible,antimicrobial reduced graphene oxide–silver nanohybrid as a topical antimicrobial agent, RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 9777–9783.
- Lisha Gurung, Bhaben Tanti, Alak K. Buragohain and Sailendra P Boorah, (2013), Freshwater diatom diversity in DeeporBeel- a Ramsar site, J. Res. Plant. Sci, 2 (2), 182- 191.
- S Barua, G Das, L Aidew, AK Buragohain, N Karak- Copper/copper oxide coated nanofibrillar cellulose-a promising biomaterial, RSC Adv. 3, 14997-15004, 2013.
- Buragohain, A.K., Tanti, B., Sarma, H.K., Barman, P. and Das, K. (2013) Characterization of yeast starter cultures used in household alcoholic beverage preparation by a few ethnic communities of Northeast India. Annals of Microbiology (Springer). 63(3): 863-869. doi: 10.1007/s13213-012-0537-1.
- Bhaben Tanti, Alak K Buragohain, Biodegradation of Petroleum Tar by Pseudomonas spp. from Oil Field of Assam, India, Bioremediation Journal, 17 (2), 107-112, 2013.
- G. Das, R. D. Kalita, A. K. Buragohain, N. Karak, Biodegradation, cytocompatibility and performance studies of vegetable oil based hyperbranched polyurethane modified biocompatible sulfonated epoxy resin/clay nanocomposites, Progress in Organic Coatings, 76, 1103-1111, 2013.
- J. Upadhyay, B. Gogoi, A. Kumar, A. K. Buragohain, Diameter dependent antioxident property of polypyrrole nanotubes for biomedical applications, Materials Letters, 102/103, 33-35, 2013.
- Shubhendu Shekhar, Lalit Agrawal, Alak Kumar Buragohain, Asis Datta, Subhra Chakraborty, Niranjan Chakraborty, (2013) Genotype Independent Regeneration and Agrobacterium‐mediated Genetic Transformation of Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas L.), Plant Tissue Cult. & Biotech. 23(1): 87‐100.
- Ranjan D Kalita, Yutika Nath, Martins EOchubiojo, Alak K Buragohain, (2013) Extraction and Characterization of Microcrystalline Cellulose from fodder grass; Setariaglauca (L) P. Beauv, and its potential as a drug delivery vehicle for isoniazid, a first line antituberculosis drug, Collids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 108, 85-89.
- Sanchita Roy, Nilakshi Barua, Alak K Buragohain, Gazi A. Ahmed, (2013) Study of ZnO nanoparticle: Antibacterial property and light depolarization property using light scattering tool, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 118,8-13.
- Susmita Singh, Jyoti P. Saikia, Alak K. Buragohain, (2013) A novel reusable PAni-PVA-Amylase film: Activity and Analysis, Collids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 106, 46-50.
- Susmita Singh, Jyoti P. Saikia, Alak K. Buragohain, (2013) A novel green synthesis of colloidal silver nanoparticles (SNP) using Dilleniaindicafruit extract, Collids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 102, 83-85.
- S Pramanik, R Konwarh, R C Deka, L Aidew, N Barua, A K Buragohain, D Mohanta, N Karak, (2013) Microwave-assisted poly(glycidyl methacrylate)-3 functionalized multiwall carbon nanotubes 4 with a tendrillarnanofibrouspolyaniline wrapping and their interaction at bio-interface, Carbon, 55, 34-43
- Alak K Buragohain, Bhaben Tanti, Hridip Sarma, Pranjan Barman and Kishore Das, (2013) Characterization of yeast starter cultures used in household alcoholic beverage preparation by a few ethnic communities of North East India, Annals of Microbiology, 63, 863-869.
- Lisha Gurung, Bhaben Tanti, Alak K Buragohain and Sailendra P. Borah, (2012) Studies on the freshwater diatom diversity in Deepar Beel, Assam, India, JASS, 53(2), 1-6.
- Satapathy SS, Dutta M, Buragohain AK, Ray SK, Transfer RNA Gene Numbers May Not Be Completely Responsible For The Codon Usage Bias In Asparagine, Isoleucine, Phenylalanine, And Tyrosine In The High Expression Genes In Bacteria, Journal of Molecular Evolution, 2012, Vol 75 (Issue 1-2), 34-42.
- Emeje M., Kalita R., Isimi C., Buragohain A., Kunle O., Ofoefule S., Synthesis, physicochemical characterization, and functional properties of an esterified starch from an underutilized source in Nigeria, African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development (AJFAND Online), 2012, Volume 12(7).
- Nilakshi Barua, Pubalee Sarmah, Iftikar Hussain, Ramesh Ch Deka and Alak Kumar Buragohain, DFT-based QSAR Models to Predict the Antimycobacterial Activity of Chalcones, Journal of Chemical Biology & Drug Design, 2012, Vol 79 (4): 553-559.
- Bhaben Tanti, Suvendra Kr Ray and Alak Kumar Buragohain, Differentiation of petroleum hydrocarbon degrading Pseudomonas spp. based on PCR-RFLP of the 16S-23S rDNAintergenic spacer region, Folia Microbiologica, 2012, Vol 57 (1): 47-52
- Goswami B, Choudhury A, Buragohain A K, Luminescence properties of a nanoporous freshwater diatom, Luminescence, 2012, Vol 27(1): 16-
- S Roy, N Barua, A. K. Buragohain, G. A. Ahmed, Light scattering study of ZnO nanoparticles for the application of its antibacterial property, AAPP, AttidellaAccademiaPeloritamadei Pericolanti,2011, Vol 89, Suppl No 1, C1V89S1P001
- Sanchita Roy, Rupjyoti Mahatta, Nilakshi Barua, Alak K. Buragohain, Gazi A. Ahmed, Monitoring of pathogen carrying air-borne tea dust particles by light scattering, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 2011, Vol 112 (11): 1784-1791
- Harekrishna Deka, Niranjan Karak, Ranjan Dutta Kalita and Alak Kumar Buragohain, Biobasedthermostable biodegradable and biocompatible hyperbranched silver nanocomposites with antimicrobial activity, Journal of Polymer Degradation and Stability,2010,Vol 95(9):1509-1517.
- Bhaben Tanti, Alak Kumar Buragohain, Lisha Gurung, Debashree Kakati, Ajoy Kumar Das and Sailendra Prasad Borah, Assessment of antimicrobial and antioxidan activities of Dendrocnidesinuata (Blume) Chew leaves - A medicinal plant used by ethnic communities of North-east India, Indian Journal of Natural Product and Resources, 2010,Vol 1 (1):17-21
- Bhaben Tanti, Lisha Gurung, hridip K Sarma and Alak Kumar Buragohain, Ethnobotany of starter cultures used in alcohol fermentation by a few ethnic tribes of North-east India, Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 2010, Vol 9 (3):463-466
- Bhaben Tanti and A.K. Buragohain, Differentiation of petroleum hydrocarbon-degrading Pseudomonas based on lectin binding of cell extracts in an agglutination assay, Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 2010, Vol 9 (1): 74-79
- Harekrishna Deka, Niranjan Karak, Ranjan Dutta Kalita and Alak Kumar Buragohain, Biocompatible hyperbranched polyurethane/multi-walled carbon nanotube composites as shape memory materials, Carbon, 2010, 4 8(7): 2013:2022
- Nirmal Mazumder, Ankur Gogoi, Ranjan Dutta Kalita, Gazi A Ahmed, Alak K Buragohain and AmarjyotiChoudhury, Luminescence studies of fresh water diatom frustules, Indian Journal of Physics, 2010, Vol 84 (6):665-669
- Vijay Kumar Mishra, Rachna Goswami, A. K Buragohain, S. K Ray, Analysis of Compositional, Transmembrane and Signal Peptide Sequence of SITs of Diatom, International Journal of Microbes and Environmental Management, 2010, Vol 1 (1): 17-24
- B.R. Powdel, Siddhartha Sankar Satapathy, Aditya Kumar, Pankaj Kumar Jha, Alak Kumar Buragohain, Munindra Borah, and Suvendra Kumar Ray, A Study in Entire Chromosomes of Violations of the Intra-strand Parity of Complementary Nucleotides (Chargaff's Second Parity Rule), DNA Research, 2009; 16(6): 325 343
- Ankur Gogoi, Alak K Buragohain, Amarjyoti Choudhury and Gazi A Ahmed, Laboratory measurements of light scattering by tropical fresh water diatoms, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy &Radiative Transfer, 2009, Vol 110 (15-16): 1566-1578
- Bhaben Tanti, Alak K. Buragohain, Snehashish Dutta, Lisha Gurung, Madhu Shastry, Sailendra Prasad Borah, Studies on the cytotoxic effects of oil refinery sludge on root meristems, Advances in Environmental Biology, 2009, 3(1): 10-14
- Dubey, B, Buragohain A. K. and Ray S. K., 2009, Positive correlation of bacterial genome G + C % with the number of different anticodons used by the genome to decode all the codons.IcfaiUniv J Biotech 2009; III: 39-47
- Bhaben Tanti and Alak Kumar Buragohain, Assessment of Diversity and Hydrocarbon utilizing ability of Pseudomonas spp. from Petroleum rich Soil of Assam, India, Journal of Applied Biosciences and Biotechnology, 2008, Vol 4 (1).
- Bhaben Tanti and Alak Kumar Buragohain, Potential of five Pseudomonas spp. in biodegradation of petroleum tar, Journal of Biotechnology, 2008, Vol 136S, 696-697, as abstracts ( VII5-Y-067)
- Ranjan, A, Sinha, A. Y., Dubey, B., Saikia, A., Buragohain, A. K. and Ray S. K., Analysis of in-frame dinucleotides, encoded amino acids and synonymous codon choice in bacterial genomes reveals a common pattern. Current Science 2008, 94(2):225-232
- Suvendra Kumar Ray, Alak Kumar Buragohain and ShuvamSen, A simple approach to estimate the minimum bending angle between the two adjacent codons on a mRNA to overcome the steric hindrance between the anticodon stemloops of two tRNA molecules binding to the codons, ICFAI University Journal of Biotechnology, 2008,Vol 2: 60-64.
- Saurov Mahanta and Alak Kumar Buragohain, In silicoscreening of potent inhibitors of Plasmepsin II- a putative drug target in Plasmodium falciparum- Journal of Applied Biosciences and Biotechnology, Vol 3 (1), 53-62, 2007.
- Das, D., Satapathy, S. S., Buragohain, A. K. and Ray, S. K., Occurrence of all nucleotide combinations at the third and the first positions of two adjacent codons in open reading frames of bacteria. Current Science, 2006, 90(1): 22 � 24
- Nath, S. and Buragohain, A. K., Establishment of callus and suspension cultures of Centellaasiatica.BiologiaPlantarum, 2005, 49(3): 411-413
- Nath, S. and Buragohain, A. K., Micropropagation of AdhatodavasicaNees-A woody medicinal plant by shoot tip culture. Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 2005, Vol 4: 396-399.
- Verma, S. K., Das, D., Satapathy, S. S., Buragohain, A. K., and Ray, S. K., Compositional Symmetry of DNA Duplex in Bacterial Genomes. Current Science, 2005, Vol89(2):374-384
- Nath, S. and Buragohain, A. K., In vitro Method for Propagation of Centellaasiatica(L) Urban by Shoot Tip Culture- Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology 2003, 12: 167-169
- A.K. Buragohain, Y.K. Sung, R.S. Cofin, RHA Coutts, The infectivity of dimeric PYMV clones in different hosts-, Journal of General Virology, 1994, 75, 2857-286
- R.S.Coffin, RHA Coutts, A.K. Buragohain and J.E. Bradley, ECL Random Prime System, a Southern Blot Application. ECL Highlights (Technical Bulletin of Amersham International Plc.) 2, 1991
- M.C. Kalita, A.K. Buragohain and N. Bora, Effects of Malathion on Green Gram Vignaradiata L., Journal of Assam Science Society 29 (4) 34-37, 1987
- Gazi A Ahmed, Alak K Buragohain, Partha P Nath, Ankur Gogoi, Nirmal Mazumdar, Ranjan D Kalita, Amarjyoti Choudhury. FTIR and luminescence studies of nanoporous diatom frustules, Photonics and Nanostructures, Narosa Publications, New Delhi, 2010, 83-89 (In Press)
- Buragohain A. K., Plant Resources of Assam- In the Book (Assam and her people, published by KC Das, Commerce College, Guwahati on the occasion of Silver Jubilee celebrations,2009.)
- Buragohain A. K., Mitigating green house effect and stratospheric ozone depletion; Approaches based on biotechnology and environmental biotechnology. Editors: Dwibedi, P., Dwibedi, S. K. and Kalita, M. C., Scientific publisher, Jodhpur India, 2007.
- Ray, S. K. and Buragohain, A. K. Evolutionary genomics: a computational approach to find out common genomic patterns in eubacterial genomes, In network, security and soft computing (edts: Bhattacharyya D. K. and Hazarika, S. M.), Narosa Publications, New Delhi, pp 224-229 2007.
- Buragohain A. K., Axomor Bigyan Prajuktir Itihas in Assam Darpan, published by Bani mandir, Guwahati, 2007
CONFERENCE/ PROCEEDINGS/ WORKSHOPS:
- L. Aidew, N. Barua, A K Buragohain, Identification of potent antimycobacterial agents from indigenous plants of Assam, National Seminar cum workshop on Recent Advances in Microbial Biotechnology and Molecular Evolution, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Tezpur University, March 1-4, 2013
- N. Barua, L. Aidew, A K Buragohain, In silico investigation of new inhibitor(s) of Enoyl-ACP ReductaseInhA: A Therapeutic Target of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, National Seminar cum workshop on Recent Advances in Microbial Biotechnology and Molecular Evolution, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Tezpur University, March 1-4, 2013
- Bhaskarjyoti Gogoi, Lipika Aidew, Nilakshi Barua, Alak K Buragohain, In silico investigation of new inhibitor(s) of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B (PTP 1B) and Toll Like Receptor 4 (TLR4): the therapeutic targets of type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, International Symposium in Molecular Signaling,Visva- Bharati University, Shantiniketan, Kolkata, February18- 21 , 2013
- Gautam Das, Ranjan Dutta Kalita, Alak K Buragohain and Niranjan Karak, Antimicrobial properties of copper nanoparticles decorated nanoclay and epoxy nanocomposites, National conference on Chemistry, Chemical Technology and Society, Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, November 11-12, 2011
- L. Aidew and A.K. Buragohain, Synergistic activity of plant extracts against Mycobacterium smegmatis, The 4th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS), Geneva, Switzerland, June 26-30, 2011.
- N. Barua and A.K. Buragohain, Flavin dependent thymidylate synthase (Thy X) of Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a potential target for isoniazid and paclitaxel, The 4th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS), Geneva, Switzerland, June 26-30, 2011
- Bondita Goswami, Amarjyoti Choudhury and Alak K Buragohain, Study of modification of luminescent and structural properties of fresh water diatom frustules after annealing at different temperatures. National Conference on Smart Nanostructures (NCSN-2011), Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam, India, January 18-20, 2011
- P.P. Duwarah, R. Dutta Kalita, A. Choudhury and A.K. Buragohain, Starch Nanoparticles for drug delivery: A preliminary investigation. National Conference on Smart Nanostructures (NCSN-2011), Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam, India, January 18-20, 2011
- Ranjan Dutta Kalita, Nilakshi Barua, Lipika Aidew and Alak Kumar Buragohain, Evaluation of the antimycobacterial potential of Xanthium strumarium, Nationalseminar on Medicinal Plant and Microbe Diversity and their Pharmaceuticals, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam, India, December 19-21, 2010
- S. Roy, R. Mahatta, N. Barua, A.K. Buragohain and G.A. Ahmed, Monitoring of pathogen carrying air-borne Camellia sinensis dust particles by light scattering, XII International Conference on Electromagnetic and Light Scattering, University of Helsinki, Finland, June 28- July 2, 2010
- P.P. Nath, A.Gogoi, R.D. Kalita, N.Mazumder, G.A. Ahmed, A.K. Buragohain and A. Choudhury, Structural and optical properties of nanoporous diatom frustules, National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics (with a focus on Bose Einstein Condensation and nano-particles), Department of Physics, NEHU, Shillong, March 22-23, 2010
- Ranjan Dutta Kalita , Nilakshi Barua , Lipika Aidew and Alak Kumar Buragohain, "Antimycobacterial activity of the methanol extract of latex from Jatrophacurcus", Indian National Science Academy Platinum Jubilee International Symposium on Research in Molecular Medicine Based on Natural Resources and Traditional Knowledge, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India, November 21-23, 2009
- Nilakshi Barua , Ranjan Dutta Kalita , Md Imran Ullaha Farooqui, Lipika Aidew and Alak Kumar Buragohain, "A Study on the Antimicrobial Activity of Some Locally Available Medicinal Plants Against Staphylococcus aureus", Indian National Science Academy Platinum Jubilee International Symposium on Research in Molecular Medicine Based on Natural Resources and Traditional Knowledge, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India, November 21-23, 2009
- Nirmal Mazumder, Ankur Gogoi, Ranjan Dutta Kalita, Gazi A Ahmed, Alak K Buragohain and Amarjyoti Choudhury, "Luminescence studies of fresh water diatom frustules", National Conference of the Physics Academy of North East, Tripura University, Tripura, India, April 2-4, 2009
- G A Ahmed, N. Mazumdar, P.P. Nath, A. Gogoi, R.D. Kalita, A. K. Buragohain and A. J. Choudhury, FTIR and luminescence study of diatom frustules, National Seminar on Photonics and Quantum Structure, Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur, India, November4-6, 2009
- B. Goswami, S. Paul A. J. Choudhury, R. Kalita, A. K. Buragohain, Study of optical properties of fresh water diatom frustules modified by Zinc Sulphate, First International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (ICANN), Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, December 9-11, 2009
- Bhaben Tanti and Alak Kumar Buragohain Potential of five Pseudomonas spp. in biodegradation of petroleum tar 13th International Biotechnology Symposium and Exibition, Dalian, China, October 12-17, 2008
- Ankur Gogoi, Alak K. Buragohain, Amarjyoti Choudhury, Gazi A. Ahmed, Light Scattering study of tropical fresh water diatoms, 11th International Electromagnetic and Light Scattering Conference, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK, September 7-12, 2008
- B. R. Powdel, Aditya Kumar, Pankaj Kumar Jha, Siddhartha Sankar Satapathy, Munindra Borah, Alak Kumar Buragohain, and Suvendra Kumar Ray, Frequency distribution of complimentary nucleotides and Intra-Strand parity in chromosomes: an approach to the Parity Rule II, 16th Annual International Conference Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology organized by International Society for Computational Biology held at Metro Toronto Convention Centre (South Building) Toronto, Canada, July 20-23, 2008
- A.K. Buragohain, Multidisciplinary teaching and Learning: Concept, Issues and Challenges, National Seminar on Educational Summit on Higher Education, Globalisation and Autonomous Colleges organized by IQAC, Darrang College, Tezpur, Assam- 784001 and Sponsored by NAAC, Bangalore-10, May 9-10, 2008
- B. Tanti, L. Gurung, S.P. Borah and A.K. Buragohain, Isolation and Characterization of Fresh Water Diatom. National Conference on Current Trends in algal Biodiversity and Biotechnology, Centre for Advanced Studies in Botany, University of Madras, Guindy campus, Chennai-600025, Feb7-8, 2008
- S. Mahanta and A.K. Buragohain, Structural comparison of HrcN of Pseudomononas syringae and HrpE International Conference of Ralstoniasolanacearum through Molecular Modeling, 5th on Bioinformatics at Hotel Ashok, New Delhi, organized by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, Jawaharlal Nehru University and IIT Delhi under the aegis of Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Network (APBionet) , Dec 18-20, 2006.
- S.K. Ray, A.K. Buragohain, S. Sen, mRNA bending between the P and the A site codons allowing the simultaneous binding of two tRNAs to the codons: A Mathematical Appraisal, The 21st International tRNA workshop, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, December 2-7, 2005
- B. Bera, S. Mahanta, H. Saikia, C.S. Mazumdar, A.K. Buragohain, S.Sanyat, P.Tamuly and M. Hazarika, Use of DNA Marker in understanding Molecular basis of quality in Tea, National Symposium on Biochemical Approaches for Utilization and Exploitation of Commercially Important Plants at Department of Agricultural Biochemistry, Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, organized by The Indian Society of Agricultural Biochemists, November 12-14, 2003
- B. Behra and A.K. Buragohain, Molecular and phenotyping markers for marker assisted selection in tea at the International Symposium on Plant Biodiversity Conservation and Evaluation at the Bose Institute, Kolkata, India in December 2002
- A.K. Buragohain et al., International Conference on Radiation Biology, DNA damage, repair and Carcinogenesis in North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong, April 1998
- A.K. Buragohain et al., Infectivity of dimeric PYMV clones- XVth International Congress of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Satellite Symposium on Plant Biotechnology Applications at Centre for Plant Molecular Biology, Osmania University, Hyderabad September, 1994
- A.K. Buragohain et al., Investigation on the replication of PYMV in the IXth International Congress of Virology, Glassgow, the U.K., August, 1993
- A.K. Buragohain et al., Royal Society Discussion meeting on Production and uses of genetically transformed plants, London, May, 1993