- Bachelor’s Degree: B.A. (Political Science) Cottan College
- Master’s Degree: M.A. in Sociology (University of Pune)
- Ph.D.: Dibrugarh University
- Others: M.Phil., Dibrugarh University
- 24 years Teaching Experience in Higher Learning Institutions.
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
- Sociology of Gender, Women Studies, Social Problem, Political Sociology, Sociological Theory and Sociology of Education.
- Witch Hunting in Assam, Sponsored by UGC, Patronised by Dibrugarh University, 2014.
M.Phil and Ph.D. under Guidance
- Number of Ph.D. Awardees- 08
- Number of M.Phil Awardees- 14
- Number of Registered Ph.D. Scholar- 06
- Number of M.Phil Scholars currently under Guidance- 02
- Director i/c (H), EMRC, Dibrugarh University Campus
- Cultural Coordinator , Sports Board , Dibrugarh University
- Experience of Assistant Zonal Officer for two times.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Life Member, All India Sociological Society(India)
- Life member, The Institute of Social Research and Applied Anthropology, West Bengal
- Joint Secretary, Assam Sociological Association.
Experience related to Examination /Course Designing etc.
- Question Paper Setter for the last 14 years.
- P.G/U.G. Answer script Evaluation for last 20 years.
- Involved in preparation of syllabi for Semester and CBCS. (UG & PG level)
- Member, BoS, Centre for Performing Arts. Dibrugarh University.
- Involved in preparation of syllabi for Krisana Kanta Handique Open University, Assam.
- Member, Multidisciplinary Research Committee, Dibrugarh University.