1. Assistant Professor in Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology, DUIET, Dibrugarh University, Assam, since January 2012 to till date.
2. Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the project "Hazard Risk Vulnerability Assessment" at the North East Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Govt. of India, Department of Space, Umiam (Barapani), Meghalaya from Sept 2011 to January 2012.
3. Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a major research project “Characterisation of the sub-surface hydrogeology of the shallow aquifer regime at the interfluve between Noa-Dihing and Burhi Dihing rivers”, sponsored by DST in the Deptt. of Applied Geology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh from Jan 2009 to July 2009.
Areas of Interest/ Specialization:
Petroleum Geology, Petroleum Exploration
1. H.O.D. In-charge of Petroleum Engineering Department, DUIET, Dibrugarh University from May 2015 to July 2017.
1. Chayanika Borah, “Diagenesis of Sandstones in a Part of the Tichna Structure of Tripura Fold Belt, India”, International Journal of Current Research & Review, Vol 9, Issue 11, June 2017.
2. Chayanika Borah & Minati Das, “Petrography and Provenance Study of Neogene Sandstones of a Part of Tripura Fold Belt, India” Journal of Applied Geochemistry (Vol. 19, No. 2 April, 2017).
3. Chayanika Borah, P. Borgohain & G.B. Gilfellon , “Sandstone diagenesis and its impact on reservoir quality of the Arenaceous Unit of Barail Group of an oilfield of Upper Assam Shelf, India” published in the journal CURRENT SCIENCE, Vol. 98, No. 1, 10 January 2010
1. “Petrography and Provenance Study of Neogene Sandstones of a Part of Tripura Fold Belt, India” in the National Seminar on “Geology, Geochemistry, Tectonics, Energy and Mineral Resources of Northeast India” and Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) of ISAG held at the Department of Geology, Nagaland University, Kohima during 09-11, November 2016 organized jointly by ISAG and Department of Geology, Nagaland University, Kohima Campus, Meriema, Kohima.
2. “Reservoir Quality of the Arenaceous Unit of Barail Group of Nahorkatiya Oilfield of Upper Assam Shelf, India”in the National Seminar on “Multidisciplinary Approach in Sedimentary Basin Studies” held in the Dept. of Applied Geology, Dibrugarh University 15th – 16th March, 2012
3. “Reservoir Sandstone Petrography & Diagenesis of the Lower Arenaceous Unit of Barail Group of an oilfield of Upper Assam Shelf” in the National Seminar on “Frontier Areas of Research in Geology of NE India”, sponsored by UGC, New Delhi DRS Special Assistance Progamme (SAP), held in November 11 & 12, 2008, organized by the Applied Geology Department, Dibrugarh University, Assam