The 8th International Day of Yoga was celebrated by Dibrugarh University in colorful manner in the Bishnu Prasad Rabha Rangamancha on 21st June 2022. The program was inaugurated with the lighting of a lamp done by Prof. Jiten Hazarika, Registrar, Dibrugarh University and other dignitaries. Dr. Surajit Borkotoky, Dean of Student Affairs, delivered the welcome speech. In his remarks, Prof. Jiten Hazarika, Registrar, appealed to all the participants to include Yoga practices in their daily life to attain good health. A brief deliberation on the theme “Yoga for Humanity” was presented by Rajkumar Bharali, Assistant Professor and Coordinator of the program. Under the supervision of Mr. Bharali, B.P.Ed. students Partha Pratim Sarma, Sanjit Pandey, Madhusmita Basumatary and Ajiya Umpe demonstrated the common Yoga protocols, and the participants were followed them and practised the yoga protocols. Dr. Mantu Baro, Director in charge of Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports, highlighted the programs organized as part of the celebration of 8th International Day of Yoga and delivered the vote of thanks. On behalf of the Dibrugarh University, the program was organized by Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports, NCC Unit and NSS Unit. Around 350 participants, including teachers, officers, employees, NCC Cadets, NSS Volunteers, and Students from neighboring schools, participated.
As part of the observation of 8th International Day of Yoga 2022, on behalf of Dibrugarh University, Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports, Dibrugarh University organized a series of various outreach programmes since March 2022 as highlighted below.
- Yoga activity class was conducted in all working (class) days under the supervision of Mr. Rajkumar Bharali, Assistant Professor and course teacher of Yoga Education, CSPESDU w.e.f. 28.03.2022 to 27.04.2022.
- YOGA, NATUROPATHY AND ACUPRESSURE & HEALTH AWARENESS CAMP was org by Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports, Dibrugarh University in Association with Chandraprabha Yoga Centre, Dibrugarh under the aegis of Arogya Yoga Bharati Welfare Society, New Delhi on 08.04.2022
- An online lecture on “Necessity of Yoga for Good Health” was conducted on behalf of Dibrugarh University by Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports via Google meet on 26.04.2022 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm. Mr. Rajkumar Bharali, Assistant Professor, CSPES DU deliver the lecture on theme. Dr. Siddhartha Sarma, Assistant Professor, CSPESDU anchored the program and Mr. K. Rakesh Singh, Assistant Professor CSPESDU offer the vote of thanks.
- One Week Yoga camp for Dibrugarh University Students was organized by the Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports, Dibrugarh University from 28.04.2022 to 05.05.2022
- An Online Lecture on “Yoga for Holistic Health” was organized where Mr. Sanjib Bora, Yoga Expert acted as the resource person on 20.05.2022.
- On 14.05.2022 a programme for the preparation of International Day of Yoga as per the direction of Regional Director, NSS was organized by NSS PG Unit.
- On 28.05.2022 an awareness session on Yoga practice was organized for university fraternity and NSS Volunteers during the NSS Training Camp organized by NSS Cell at Bishnu Rabha Rangamancha, Dibrugarh University.
- ‘One-Week Yoga Camp’ at Borpather Boys’ High School from 01.06.2022 to 07.06.2022. The programme started with inaugural ceremony which was graced by Mrs. Manjumoni Khanikar, Headmistress of Borpather Boys’ High School as Chief Guest. Mr. Rajkumar Bharali, Assistant Professor, CSPES cum co-coordinator of the event delivered welcome address. During the ceremony, Guest of Honour Dr. Mantu Baro, Director I/C, CSPES delivered a valuable speech on necessity of yoga to attain good health in present days.
- ‘One-Week Yoga Camp’ at Borpather Girls’ High School from 01.06.2022 to 07.06.2022. The programme started with inaugural ceremony which was graced by Mrs. Kamar Jahan Brgum, Headmistress of Borpather Girl’s High School as Chief Guest. Dr. Siddhartha Sarma, Assistant Professor, CSPES cum co-coordinator of the event, delivered welcome address.
- One Week Yoga Camp on “Common Yoga Protocol” at Dibrugarh University Model School organized by CSPESDU, from 10.06.2022 to 17.06.2022 and at Rupnagar Jatya Vidyalaya, Dibrugarh from 13.06.2022 to 18.06.2022. Mr. Pranjit Boruah, Assistant Professor was the coordinator of both the programme.
- One Week Yoga Training on Common Yoga Protocol for University Faculties, Officers and Employees cum observation of International Day of Yoga was also organized from. 15th June to 21st June 2022. During the entire programmes B.P.Ed. students Partha Prastim Sarma, Sanjit Pandey, Madhusmita Basumatary, Firoj Kanti Brahma, Jim Kumar Baro, Ajiya Umpe, Pransumoni Bora and Sumit Kr. Rout acted as the instructor under the supervision of teacher coordinators Mr. Rajkumar Bharali, Dr. Siddartha Sarma and Mr. Pranjit Boruah.